Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Blown away....wow...

...have never seen the like in a flight simulator screen Dawn representation, before the addition of the full Orbx North America OpenLC

Just north of Detroit, Michigan

wow and wow....

P3D v3.2.3 with Orbx Vector 1.40

(I have unchecked all my UTX scenery files, and am now running with the 'total Orbx layer solution'.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016_8_3_1_52_4_264.png

The clouds of dawn...

2016_8_3_1_59_2_655.png

2016_8_3_2_3_31_749.png

2016_8_3_2_6_47_340.png

• Upvote 1

Looks great Mitch!  If you get time, can you post some shots of Las Vegas and Phoenix?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Looks great Mitch!  If you get time, can you post some shots of Las Vegas and Phoenix?

Sure...will do that tonight for you, as I will have time to explore.

I just installed Vector 1.40 into my P3D v3.2.3 setup...and man...has it matured, from when I had left off with it, around v1.20

The night scene is a mind blower, now!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As much as I like the Ultimate Terrain family of products, and up until today, have used them exclusively,  it is without doubt that you need Orbx Vector 1.40, to bring out the best and most believable real-world depiction with the new North America OpenLC product.

The roads are 'amongst' the landscape, as in the real world.  Unfortunately, UTX very much 'sits' upon the new Open LC.

It is now, in my opinion, Vector 1.40 all the way....it looks so good with the N.A. OpenLC product.  Seamless...and perfectly blended.

All pics at 3,500 feet ASL

2016_8_3_2_14_52_512.png

2016_8_3_2_23_35_977.png

Final three pics, before the camera gets put down..and I just fly over the most real scenery ever seen to date...  Orbx Magic. :hi:

2016_8_3_2_27_53_930.png

2016_8_3_2_32_26_239.png

2016_8_3_2_36_15_306.png

• Upvote 2

Wow, the trees on golf courses are a great touch!

Pics are great, Mitch :smile:

Like you, I left Vector for UTX when they released the P3D compatible version.  Guess I need to give Vector another chance to impress.  Your pics certainly have impressed ....

WAT1460.png

Looks nice. Would be great to see side by side comparisons with Ultimate Terrains offerings.

Great shots!  I am also finding FTXG and OpenLC has given my sim (P3Dv3) quite an overhaul. I'm in a similar boat with UTX.....love it but may try going back to Vector again.  I did get it when it came out but unsinstalled it due to stuttering issues, etc.  I also think UTX isn't blending very well at the moment...and no need for the UTX night lights any longer!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Where do you get Vector 1.4? My update at the FlightSimStore only has 1.3

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I just downloaded version 1.4 from the ORBX product page...

Edit:  Although they may be just an update if you have previous...?

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

What a fantastic set of shots, Mitch

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Appears you get FTX Vector 1.30 from your account at FSS and get the update to 1.40 from here https://www.fullterrain.com/support

Mitch,

Can you please advise the water textures you have chosen for this set of pics ? They have the proper shades and colors I seek. :smile:

WAT1460.png

Appears you get FTX Vector 1.30 from your account at FSS and get the update to 1.40 from here https://www.fullterrain.com/support

Mitch,

Can you please advise the water textures you have chosen for this set of pics ? They have the proper shades and colors I seek. :smile:

Nice shots Mitch - think I will revisit Vector didnt realize its been update to 1.4 - thanks for link

Mitch your autogen settings appear to be cranked up ? right this new LC has a lot more AG - scared to turn I up now lol

Wondering if you get the time can you post some beach ( coast line pics) want to see what the beaches look like as I am really missing that right now - thank you

=================================================

Just a heads up for installing vector - the 1.35 has to be done before 1.40 or it will not work as stated in Orbx forums

First install vector 1.30

Second install vector 1.35 update

Third install 1.40 update.

Here you go - you need both as I stated

https://www.fullterrain.com/support

Rich Sennett

Rich, thanks for the steps to get to 1.40 of Vector.  Looking forward to trying this out tonite :smile:

WAT1460.png