Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Blown away....wow...

Mitch, some more excellent pics.  See you still using the good ole 337

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Rich, thanks for the steps to get to 1.40 of Vector.  Looking forward to trying this out tonite :smile:

Welcome Buddy - guess we should revisit but not that confident about it - not a big deal but found Orbx way of uninstalling would not work for me - could not get the scenery library to clear out take and a the scenery cfg file gets touched which reminds me to save a copy of it this time  :)  take care Vin 

Rich Sennett

Tried the newer 1.40 Vector and it seems ok so keeping live for now. I hadn't used it for a long time but it does work well, for me, with the new NA software. I will say the new NA stuff really is an amazing scenery addon. 

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Tried the newer 1.40 Vector and it seems ok so keeping live for now. I hadn't used it for a long time but it does work well, for me, with the new NA software. I will say the new NA stuff really is an amazing scenery addon. 

Paul no slow down issues  stutters ? 

Rich Sennett

Yes get a few less fps in large city areas with Vector and NA but that is too be expected. I do have all the scenery object autogen sliders maxed so that contributes to the slight slowdown but sure is worth if for the eye candy. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Looks amazing! I'm blown away by openLC North America, and can't wait for openLC Asia! It really transforms the land and makes it much more alive. Night lighting is much improved as well. Looks liek the FTX all in one solution is the best for me now! Although I'm still on Vector 1.30, and wasn't aware of 1.40. Is there really that big of a difference going from 1.30 to 1.40?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Pictures from the Florida keys with and without NC LA would be very much appreciated. It's an area I know a bit like California but for the latter I have NoCal and SoCal. I tried LC Europe before and unless the NA version is way better I wonder if it's really as accurate as described by some. For example, the Europe LC has so many blatant errors in Germany that I wouldn't call it accurate. Maybe it was easier to achieve such accuracy in a less densely populated area. Thanks to everyone who helps the undecided to make the choice. 

Hans

Great shots!  I am also finding FTXG and OpenLC has given my sim (P3Dv3) quite an overhaul. I'm in a similar boat with UTX.....love it but may try going back to Vector again.  I did get it when it came out but unsinstalled it due to stuttering issues, etc.  I also think UTX isn't blending very well at the moment...and no need for the UTX night lights any longer!

All your bullet points, are mine as well.

Vector 1.40 is PART of the unfolding scenery, but UTX with the new textures, etc...looks like it is pasted on the scene.  Of course, that is my personal opinion, but it is that very opinion that had me revisit Vector...and found the latest version gold, when used with the other Orbx 'layers'...for creating the total scene output.  I'm sticking with it...and loving the result.

Nice shots Mitch - think I will revisit Vector didnt realize its been update to 1.4 - thanks for link

Mitch your autogen settings appear to be cranked up ? right this new LC has a lot more AG - scared to turn I up now lol

Wondering if you get the time can you post some beach ( coast line pics) want to see what the beaches look like as I am really missing that right now - thank you

=================================================

Just a heads up for installing vector - the 1.35 has to be done before 1.40 or it will not work as stated in Orbx forums

First install vector 1.30

Second install vector 1.35 update

Third install 1.40 update.

Here you go - you need both as I stated

https://www.fullterrain.com/support

Hi Rich...yes...I run all my sims..pretty hot... :)

Exceptional pics - wish I had the horsepower to create jaw-dropping graphics like this--will have to upgrade pc soon me thinks

-certified speed-junkie and jet-junkie.