Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

crash at dubai

Just read about it at BBC Website too. Flight from India.

"Government of Dubai says no injuries, all passengers safe after Emirates jet fire at Dubai airport"

Quote from their twitter page.

That is all that matters right now.

Funny thing is I had just opened FlightRadar24 and noticed a lot of traffic over at the new airport, and holding patterns around DXB.

I opened Airlive.net and low and behold.

Waleed N

Thank god, everyone survived. Everything else is not important right now.

Philipp Schwaegerl

Cue the armchair experts... :smile:

'But I own the PMDG 777 and therefore I speak with authority....'

• Upvote 5

Thank god. 

No.  Thank the crew.  

• Upvote 2

No.  Thank the crew.  

Ok, that too. Still thank god that it wasn't worse and someone would've lost their life after that crash. 

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Emirates 777-300 A6-EMW operating Flight EK521 from Trivandrum, S.India, landed Rwy 12L at 12:41 and suffered landing gear collapse and burst into flames. Pax and crew evacuated safely. Aircraft burnt,total loss. Tweet from Dubai.

EDIT: Correction.Latest BBC pics show not a total burnt-out loss. But all departures and arrivals ceased.

Ah.. Could explain (inaccurate I know) flightradar data showing 171 kts at 775 feet and last report at 125 kts at 5xx ft

Condolences to the firefighter's family - it's a dangerous profession and I hope his life was not needlessly taken away whilst everyone got to safety.

We can all speculate as to why the crew elected to raise the undercarriage so soon in a go around. GE90s are spectacularly powerful but don't they take some time to spool up, so the big girl has to wait a little before a positive rate is achieved? Crews are trained in go around procedures etc. etc.... they should have known about the windshear blah, blah.

Personally I've never had any issues in any of the POSKY 777 variants in my fleet... :P

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

According to the BBC, they were making a standard approach into 12L when the ATC ordered them to do a GA. No windshear conditions are being reported.

As you so rightly say, Mark, R.I.P. the fireman and sympathies to his family.

No.  Thank the crew.  

Thank ground rescue personnel and cabin crew. As to the cockpit crew - they may have culpability in what happened. But true, always could have been worse.

WHY are there people with luggage in their hands!?!?

Kacper Nowotynski