Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Viva Mexico in OLC NA

Mexico City to Tijuana

I always wanted to visit the Baja California. I was a couple of times in San Diego, but never found the time to head further south. Now for the first time I do, in P3D.

But instead of starting in San Diego, I started in Mexico City to see how the new ORBX Open LC NA has transformed this part of the North American continent. Well…but see for yourself

I love it, when big iron has to line up behind me

123e57.jpg

Over the north-western part of Mexico City

2cbf60.jpg

Further north near Durango (not the one in Colorado, we are still in Mexico J) I decide to deviate from my flight plan and head west instead. I want to reach the Baja California at its southern tip and fly along its wonderful coastline

3f070b.jpg

49a684.jpg

Over the Mesa de Guadalupe

509cee.jpg

Near the small town of Eldorado I finally reach the Gulf of California

6622c6.jpg

7b5672.jpg

I hit the Baja’s east coast near the airstrip of Punta Pescadora

816ac3.jpg

Further north over La Paz. Here I decide to head west to the Pacific coast. Aren’t the details in the city incredible

96b57d.jpg

Now it’s all up north until we finally reach Tijuana

10b3eef.jpg

1177447.jpg

Over San Quintin

12f4e08.jpg

13.jpg

Along the beautiful coastline with the Sierra de San Pedro Martir Nat. Park to my right side

14.jpg

Into the airspace of Ensenada

15.jpg

Again, look in the next picture at the amazingly detailed small harbor of Ensenada. I don’t even want to know, how this thing looks in default FSX/P3D

16.jpg

Finally I begin to turn final into Tijuana Int. (MMTJ). In the distance one can see San Diego

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

You know what, it’s almost a pity that this flight is over

20.jpg

Thanks for viewing

• Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Cracking shots!

Thanks for sharing Bernd.

Cheers.

OLC NA makes Mexico shine.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Wonderful screens and flight plan......love that bird!

HLJAMES

Luv them Buddy - very diverse set of pics - well done   :dance:

Rich Sennett

Thanks for the screenshots. LC really seems to improve things a lot. Here is the Ensenada area with Prepar3D/Global/UTX, second shot is Prepar3D with Global only and the last is how the real thing looks in Google Earth. 

Screenshot2016-08-0317.05.33b5c38.jpg

Screenshot2016-08-0317.09.545927d.jpg

Screenshot2016-08-0317.12.391e6dd.jpg

Hans

Thanks a lot my friends for your kind comments, very much appreciated!

Here is the Ensenada area with Prepar3D/Global/UTX, second shot is Prepar3D with Global only and the last is how the real thing looks in Google Earth. 

Wow, thanks for this effort, Hans

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Nice screenshots!  But...

In some of your shots there appears to be something wrong with the landclass and/or the roads are missing.

The screenshot over Ensenada is the most noticeable.

Todd

Ensenada for me looks ok, but I found that one of the roads in San Quintin was partly covered with landclass tiles. The next thing we do I guess is that we start to complain that certain houses we remember are now covered with the wrong paint  :wink:

Ensenada for me looks ok, but I found that one of the roads in San Quintin was partly covered with landclass tiles. The next thing we do I guess is that we start to complain that certain houses we remember are now covered with the wrong paint  :wink:

I'm not trying to nitpick.

You didn't notice the big wide tan areas where roads should be?  You can see them in five of your screenshots.

Also take a look at your comparison screenshots.  Look at Google first.  Then look at your shot of P3D/UTX.  Lastly look at your P3D/Orbx shots.  Something is amiss.  It's either missing roads and/or you have scenery layering issues or the Orbx landclass has some issues.

Todd