Sign in to follow this  
hqmurphy

The best add-on traffic for VPilot/Vatsim/P3D v3

Hi all,

I hope this isn't a redundant question, but after doing a thorough search I still haven't found a clear answer-- what is the best add on traffic to use for those of us on vpilot/vatsim/p3d v3?

I'm not looking for anything too detailed, I just want one that covers a majority of the airlines, and is not a pain to install and model match.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

HM

I use MyTraffic 6 and it works great in P3Dv3. Just make sure to follow the installation instructions closely. Also make sure to keep the AI traffic slider really low (mine is at 5%).

Not sure how it works with VATSIM, though, since I presume nobody else (ie. the controllers) sees the AI traffic on YOUR system. Could be wrong. I'm guessing you can have it in the background but it won't be affected by you or your instructions.

MyTraffic 6. I recommend it.

• Upvote 1

I have used UT2 with FSX and MyTraffic 6 with P3D while being on Vatsim. I would recommend MT6 because it is conceptually simpler: UT is running an external program to manage traffic, which was never ideal on my FSX setup. It worked, but FPS took a hit even at fairly low traffic settings. I have never tried to run UT2 in P3D, but I read that other people got it working.<br /><br />MT6 airplane models are not quite as nice as those of UT2, but maybe that is the reason why MT6 is more FPS friendly. Vatsim planes are shown with fitting, or at least reasonable, liveries. You can have a mix of AI and Vatsim traffic as well, but I set AI traffic to 0% if other Vatsim planes are in my vicinity. You can adjust the AI traffic percetage simply from within P3D.<br /><br />I am quite happy with MT6 and would recommend it for P3D.<br /><br />Peter

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I've just been using the World of AI models using vPilot's model matching for multiplayer traffic. I keep a smattering of GA traffic on low, for realism, but keep other AI traffic on while flying online.

I am quite happy with MT6 and would recommend it for P3D

It says it only supports up to P3D V2.5. Are you running on V3?

Yes MyTraffic 6 is compatible to Prepar3D V3.  For some mental reason the Information has not yet been updated on the site,    Its now called Mytraffic 6a  This version is compatible with V2 and V3 

• Upvote 2

Yes MyTraffic 6 is compatible to Prepar3D V3.  For some mental reason the Information has not yet been updated on the site,    Its now called Mytraffic 6a  This version is compatible with V2 and V3 

Yeah, that is certainly losing them a bit of business... So just to confirm, if I purchase the current one on simmarket it will in fact install mytraffic 6a?

Is installation rather easy or am I going to be doing a lot of manual work?

Thank you!

Yes,  when you Purchase MyTraffic 6 from the Simmarket it will be the latest Version  MyTraffic 6a  

Is installation rather easy or am I going to be doing a lot of manual work?

The Included Instructions you get are not very good  "there ok"  Personally i found them a little confusing so i wrote my own,  Basically the same Instructions but with simpler English and some pictures as well. 

When you Install MyTraffic 6 you will be meet with the Communicator,  this is the MyTraffic "Control Panel" and you will need to follow the Instructions to set up MyTraffic.

The Communicator  looks like a very daunting thing when you see it first, Loads of buttons on it,  To be honest it actually does very little,  There is a different way to Install MyTraffic and you wont have to touch the Communicator  But............

For now though follow this link and go through the steps,  If you have problems along the way,  Come back here and i will show you a different method to Install.  

To Install MyTraffic 6 using the Communicator    http://www.avsim.com/topic/483116-how-do-i-install-my-traffic-60a-for-prepar3d-v3/

• Upvote 1

I am now following this thread and thank all for your great comments.  Yes I used UT2 in FSX and yes it was a frame rate hog.  In fact, I uninstalled it.

Looks like in the near future, I may have to buy MT6.

• Upvote 1

hqmurphy, on 03 Aug 2016 - 3:14 PM, said:

It says it only supports up to P3D V2.5. Are you running on V3?

Yes. I've used MT6 under all P3D versions, including 3.3.5, since 2.5

Peter

• Upvote 2

If you have problems along the way,  Come back here and i will show you a different method to Install.

Poppet,

It took a bit of work but your step by step guide definitely saved me a lot of time. I've finally got it to work, and highly recommend it to anyone looking to use MT6 on P3D.

Thanks for the help!

HM

• Upvote 1

I still have not decided which AI program to go for?

UT2 or MT6a with the Traffic Optimiser?

I followed Poppet's thread on installing UT2 into P3dv3 and almost purchased UT2 last week.

It will be used in P3d v3, with mostly Orbx airports world wide, with a few Aerosoft Mega and Fly Tampa airports.

I have Orbx AI Traffic installed in North America and Australia, so I am happy with those regions, but the rest of the world is devoid of any life! Zurich is a ghost town Airport?:-)

So which package is the best?

Which runs with lowest VAS useage?

Which kills frame rates the least?

Which is the most stable?

Which gives the most user satisfaction?

I read that MT6a with the add on Traffic Optimiser, is as controllable as UT2, but the models are low on quality?

I also read that UT2 uses a non standard way of injecting Traffic? Is this a good or bad thing?

Simmers seem split between UT2 and MT6a (with the add on Traffic Optimiser).....

I will make a decision this weekend.....;)

Best regards

David.

It's really a mixed question. The title should almost be worded "The best addon traffic for vpilot/vatsim/p3d v3 that isn't too detailed." In that case it's MyT6 hands down. It may not look all that good, nor add terribly realistic traffic but it's dead simple to get running in FSX and so far all variants of P3d.

Between UT2 and MyT6, the performance is essentially identical from aircraft to aircraft. I've done lots of testing and in groups of similarly numbered AI there is essentially no difference in FPS or VAS. There is mind you a MASSIVE difference in how they look, with UT2's liveries looking miles better. The UT2 addon does have obvious limitations in it's lack of repaints which is easily fixed with the various quality repaints found here on Avsim.

I have Orbx AI Traffic installed in North America and Australia

The ORBX AI package for North America ONLY includes random GA traffic and is also limited to within the FTX PNW and maybe the next FTX regions adjoining PNW. The ORBX traffic for Australia and Oceana does include many airlines, but only within the region around Australia (maybe NZ and North towards Singapore as well? I don't know as I use AIG and others freeware plans for traffic to accurately cover the planet.)

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS