Sign in to follow this  
hqmurphy

The best add-on traffic for VPilot/Vatsim/P3D v3

The ORBX AI package for North America ONLY includes random GA traffic and is also limited to within the FTX PNW and maybe the next FTX regions adjoining PNW. The ORBX traffic for Australia and Oceana does include many airlines, but only within the region around Australia (maybe NZ and North towards Singapore as well? I don't know as I use AIG and others freeware plans for traffic to accurately cover the planet.)

Your right Dave, the Orbx NA Traffic is rather limited. The AU Traffic looks good at all the Australian airports. It's also working simply without any interface to tweak the AI. The Orbx Traffic install disables native P3d AI....So the rest of planet earth is an empty lonely place!!

I suppose that with MT6a also using some military traffic and helos I the AI traffic mix, it may be the better bet?

Seems like six of one, half a dozen of the the other?:-)

Cheers

David

The other route of course is the custom way with freeware. The models and repaints are far nicer to see in the sim and the hit to performance is about equal, sometimes better. The downside is you have to set it up yourself, but with AIFP it has become MUCH easier to do.

With MyT6a it sure is by far the easiest way to go, the point I try and make though is that most of us simmers spend a lot of time and often money to make our sim run and look as good as it can but then adding in MyT6 it's like taking 3 or 4 steps back.  The difference really is night and day, but that's just my personal opinion.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

With MyT6a it sure is by far the easiest way to go, the point I try and make though is that most of us simmers spend a lot of time and often money to make our sim run and look as good as it can but then adding in MyT6 it's like taking 3 or 4 steps back.  The difference really is night and day, but that's just my personal opinion.

I am not into customising with freeware, my attempts with X Planes freeware were a disaster! Prepared appears a bit more complex to customise?

You can count me in one of those who has striven to get the sim looking as good as it can be. I've simmed from the early days of the C64, so what I see now would have been remarkable in 1985!:-) Although spending $3000 on a computer back then would have seemed just crazy!

I get a smooth depiction of flight anywhere I fly, irrespective of what I fly or where. So whatever I add AI wise, I realise it may affect frame rate?

But landing and taking off from a Mega airport where there is absolutely no traffic is definitely spoiling the suspension of disbelief!

MT6a, or UT2? I need a bit more data before I splash more cash....we will see.

Regards,

David.

what is the best add on traffic to use for those of us on vpilot/vatsim/p3d v3

A little confused. Do these answers pertain to the  topic Charlie is asking about, specifically vpilot and vatsim?

Mario Di Lauro

I hope this isn't a redundant question, but after doing a thorough search I still haven't found a clear answer-- what is the best add on traffic to use for those of us on vpilot/vatsim/p3d v3?

So there are only three ways to get AI traffic into P3d, with or without vatsim or vpilot, and excluding the native P3d AI Traffic. Namely UT2,MT6a and the described custom method and freeware aircraft.

As discussed above.

No need for confusion? :wink:

Thank you.

Regards

David

There is another option and better than all others. Email me.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Yeah, use pirated software. That's not an option.

• Upvote 1

Just to be clear it is not pirated software.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I've mentioned it earlier in the post, I just can't use MT6 anymore.  The models just ruin the experience for me so it's time to find a new option.