Sign in to follow this  
blue2

FRANCEVFR Sceneries and AutogenDescriptions

Hi

I'm using P3D v2.5 and since I've updated to Win 10 64bit and flew across to France I found that the trees and veg do not appear, buildings, pylons, towers etc appear but no veg.

I fly GA and the UK is fine but found a post in one of the forums that suggested loading FRANCEVFR sceneries with the French option and not the English. I did that and re-installed Upper and Lower Normandie plus Bretagne and everything is fine, veg is back.

My question is: What Autogen Description files do I use in the Autogen folder?

Each FRANCEVFR scenery comes with its own Description/Autogen files, such as:-

Upper Normandie                AutogenDescriptions.spd             Materials.spd            RoofDescriptions.spd  

365KB                               50KB                                102KB

Lower Normandie                                   435KB                               51KB                                117KB   

Bretagne Vol 1                                        370KB                               51KB                                 106KB

I'm presently using EearthSimulations Autogen files which are:-

976KB                              53KB                                   125KB

Do keep these in my Autogen folder or use one of the FRANCEVFR ones?

Computer specs:-

Intel i5-2500K @ 3.30GHz Sandy Bridge
MSI Z77A-G45 Motherboard
8GB DDR3 Ram
ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
500GB Hybrid SSD Hard drive (main), secondary 500GB HDD,  third backup 320 GB HDD
OCZ 750 watt PSU

Regards

Nigel

Just to clarify the above post: I have FRANCEVFR scenery's for Calais, Picardie, Upper and Lower Normandy and Bretagne but when ever I fly to any of these areas one or two areas will not show any trees unless I exchange the AutoDescription, Materials and RoofDescriptions.spbs with the EarthSimulations items within the Autogen folder.

I have all the other autogen appearing such as buildings, pylons etc but no trees, if I return back to the UK I get a CTD within 10km of the coastline. Only had this problem since upgrading to Win 10

Earth Sims is no longer going so theirs won't be updated, and the FranceVFR guys had a spat with Darren from Earth Sims and refused to work together to provide a common catch all set of definitions, instead preferring to go their own route.  End result, you and I get spanked because we can't use the UK and French sceneries together without swapping out files.

Best solution is use Arno Gerretson's Autogen Configuration Merger tool -  http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/autogen-configuration-merger.147/

Actually quite easy to install and use, and gets round the perennial problem of different developers using different autogen definitions..

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks Kevin, you're a gent! I knew there was an answer out there somewhere. I thought I had a Win 10 problem at first because I did'nt seem to have this problem prior to updating to Win 10 so I'll give Arno's Merger Tool a trial and let you know the results.

Hi Kevin

Managed to install the AutogenConfigurationMerger Tool but it hasn't made any difference to my FRANCEVFR scenery! I still have no trees showing in Normandie Upper and Lower and also Bretagne.

I've checked the log in the ScenerDesign folder and it shows everything loaded from my Scenery Library with no errors but I've noticed that I have no backups of the original autogendescription files there, so I'll contact Arno for advice.

Nigel

As well as the actual exe file itself you need to have the additional autogen definitions for each necessary scenery in a scenery folder alongside the scenery and texture folders. Arnos utility 'should' scan the active scenery folders and will merge any available autogen definitions at runtime :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

As an ex-Engineer myself I forgot the old maxim "If you can't fix it, read the manual". I forgot about adding the additional autogen definitions to each scenery folder. Once I'd done that the trees appeared in all their glory within the FRANCEVFR areas. Resolved.

Thanks Kevin

• Upvote 1

As an ex-Engineer myself I forgot the old maxim "If you can't fix it, read the manual". I forgot about adding the additional autogen definitions to each scenery folder. Once I'd done that the trees appeared in all their glory within the FRANCEVFR areas. Resolved.

Thanks Kevin

YVW - I think this is a wonderful utility that not enough simmers and developers know about or use! K

xaP1VAU.png

I quite agree with you Kevin, by the way, is your Jersey Photoscenery still being developed or is it now available?Just caught your U-Tube video by accident when surfing and I'm well impressed with what you've done.  I have the UK2000 Xtreme airport but on default scenery the island leaves a lot to be desired!

Nigel

I quite agree with you Kevin, by the way, is your Jersey Photoscenery still being developed or is it now available?Just caught your U-Tube video by accident when surfing and I'm well impressed with what you've done.  I have the UK2000 Xtreme airport but on default scenery the island leaves a lot to be desired!

Nigel

Still coming along...lots of life changing events over the past 2 years and not really made as much progress as I'd have liked :(

xaP1VAU.png