Sign in to follow this  
ridgeskimmer

How can i set up ATC at an airfield without an ATC unit

Hi, I have an add on airfield I fly from that has no ATC unit. Can anyone tell me how to set up an ATC unit at that airfield with a specific frequency. I could do with knowing how to do this as simply as possible without needing a degree in computer programming if possible! I would also like to set up custom RT phrases. I have scenery editor and voice editor but neither are "user friendly"!! Any help appreciated. Does VOXATC do this? Thanks

Hi,

To my knowledge VoxAtc can not add one or change a frequency at an airport. The only solution is in Airport Design Editor. I have already made, it is not very difficult. On which airport do you want add a frequency ?

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

"On which airport do you want add a frequency ?"

Hi Richard it's a gliding site XSUT from Alf Denham.

I did try with the design editor but without much success

Thanks

Hello

I couldn't find any chart or comm frequencies for XSUT Yorkshire Gliding Club, so perhaps you will have to make up your own frequencies. (Just make sure You can't tune them in Your plane when parked on your Airport)

On first view ADE seems difficult, but just keep trying and You'll see it isn't.

To add ATIS to your airport:

1. Open ADE and load Your XSUT airport BGL.

2. From the menu click Lists -> Comms

3. Once the Comms window opens click ADD

4. On the Comm Properties window set the values to this:

Name: XSUT  (<- This must be the Airport ICAO or ATIS won't work)

Type: ATIS

Select a Frequency (Again pick one you can't tune in while on your airport, to avoid close by comm frequencies).

5. Click on Save.

6. Compile Your Airport  (File -> Compile Airport or Ctrl+C), Your mod BGL will be placed in the AddOn folder.

7. Save and Exit.

If instead of ATIS You want to add ASOS then just leave the Name blank.

You can also add other Comm's like Tower, Center, etc.

Are You using FSX or P3D?

If this doesn't work, send me a PM.

Cheers.  

"On which airport do you want add a frequency ?"

Hi Richard it's a gliding site XSUT from Alf Denham.

Thanks

The file to modify is XSUT_ADE_AED.BGL. I have it, if you want add some frequencies you can give me the list there, I can do that for you.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Ok guys thank you this is great. I'm using P3D V3. Ive managed to put in the frequency I want which is 129.975. Ive compiled the airport and that worked and i can now see a new .bgl file listed. However when i load airport still defaulting to original frequency. What am I doing wrong. I only want the one frequency so i listed it as "Tower". Also is there a way to change the name of the airport from "XSUT Traffic" to "Sutton Base"?

Many thanks

Ok I've got the frequency to show now on load (reloaded .bgl into scenery folder and reloaded XSUT scenery)

I only want the one frequency to cover all, i.e. tower and basically for circuit work. Also as stated above I'd love it to just say "SUTTON BASE"

Ok guys thank you this is great. I'm using P3D V3. Ive managed to put in the frequency I want which is 129.975. Ive compiled the airport and that worked and i can now see a new .bgl file listed. However when i load airport still defaulting to original frequency. What am I doing wrong. I only want the one frequency so i listed it as "Tower". Also is there a way to change the name of the airport from "XSUT Traffic" to "Sutton Base"?

Many thanks

Ok I've got the frequency to show now on load (reloaded .bgl into scenery folder and reloaded XSUT scenery)

I only want the one frequency to cover all, i.e. tower and basically for circuit work. Also as stated above I'd love it to just say "SUTTON BASE"

Maybe I'm wrong, but you must replace the old bgl (make a copy and put it ".OFF") with the new. Is that you have done ?

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier