Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

What to do with the dusty aircraft in our hangers?

I hope this is not in the wrong subforum or not "legal" to discuss.

I was just thinking that there must be some way to have a marketplace for our old addons we do not use anymore, but that others including new people to the sim, might want to buy, at discounted prices if they can't afford new.

Is this something that is available somewhere that I have not found, to be able to do this, and if not sell for money, to trade with people who, say, have an addon they do not use and I can trade what I have? Like collecting baseball cards. This trading or buying/selling of just licenses would need a lot of oversight and ratings because you could find a lot of fraud but surely there must be something we can do with our old aircraft and other addons that just collect dust never to be used again? Maybe many EULAs tell us we are the only owners allowed, but I am not sure what consumer protections say about this. I am not a lawyer or very familiar with all the agreements I signed away.

I thought of this when I was looking into upgrading to P3D. Many addons I have are FSX only. Like realityXP that is FSX Acceleration only, not even FSX Steam. Someone using FSX could get a great addon like a PMDG aircraft for cheaper and I could use that money to cover a little bit of the huge price for a P3D version of the PMDG.

You could donate everything to the Old Flight Simmers' Home, PO Box 992, East Belfair, CO 80479.

Actually, This is something that the developers Could Look into ! Their Older Offerings, that Still Fly Well, and Look Good in FSX, but Do Not Stand UP to the Precision Standard and Detail, Now Saught After by Today's P3d v 3.XXX Users ! Why not Offer them, at Reduced Prices, For Low end Users, in FSX ??? Works For Me, and would Stretch the Market for Developers ! - Johnman B)

Good post.

It's very common in the sound industry to sell a licence. Once permission is obtained from the developer the new owner needs to setup an account on their web site then the original owner requests permission to tranfer the licence to the new account. Adobe allow this to sell, for example, a Photoshop licence.

Some firms charge an "admin fee" for the process - extra revenue when normally sales may be stagnent. One sound developer I know charges US$50 for the transfer which is very restrictive - but nonetheless doable. I wonder if this might also help those not paid in USD to buy into products that are considered too expensive when new. I know in Australia it's costing approx 30% more to buy products sold in USD than a couple of years ago so any opportunity to save would be most welcome. Especially when an additional 10% GST starts to be charged to Aussies from July 2017.

Developers with older products they have difficulty in moving might be interested.

I think many would be suprised that their carefully worded EULA's do not trump the laws in the country in which the product is sold/licenced. It would be very shortsighted to quote an EULA when there is the real possibility of money to be made.

An example in the recent case of Steam being rapped over the knuckles and fined for not not allowing refunds and making claims about not permitting refunds contary to Australian consumer law. They had to change policy and as we now know, offer refunds to all.

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

howevr