Sign in to follow this  
bjratchf

Is this case mostly hype?

I'm starting to make plans for a PC and looking at the cases, I noticed this one- an all-in-one water cooling system. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811853032

I was planning on just getting a mid-ATX style case and eventually throwing a corsair H100i V2 on the CPU for cooling... but would this be a better option?

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Almost everything in this world is mostly hype. The trick is to separate it from the fact. As far as that case goes, if the looks appeal to you go for it. Personally, I think it looks rather cool. (no pun intended)

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I always read the reviews, and if there is a spike of bad reviews it is generally a good idea to avoid it. The fact that the first four reviews, even the positive one, mentioned *leaks*,  makes it a no-go for me!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

After writing this I discovered the NZXT cases... looks like that's what I'll be going with. Very well designed, and very good reviews.

Just completed a build with a NZXT H440 Mid Tower case.  Excellent case, best I've ever owned.

--- Jim  ---

If your thinking of water cooling take a look at this case. I have one and love it. Phanteks Enthoo PH-ES8113

It's down to budget. I have a Lian Li X510, fantastic aluminium enclosure, but very expensive. I keep them for years though so worth it for me... and I have a fetish for aluminium. 

Check the specs... does it have all the cooling you will ever require? Is the cooling designed properly, for example no restrictions to airflow, like hard drive cages blocking air flow or no vents at the front and minimal side intakes etc.

Does it have provision for a big rad, suitable for if you ever opt for water cooling? Does it have space for a whopping air cooler if that's your thing? 

Does it have a down facing PSU mount, and if it does are the vents at the bottom very restricting? If so, can you invert the PSU so fan up?

My point, it that you don't need to ask if it's hype or not, just look at the specs and decide if it meets your current and future needs. Then you can answer the question yourself.

Thanks for the tips. 

I've taken a closer look at the H440 

- The power module vents out the bottom, and is insulated from the rest of the machine... 

- It has room for a GTX 1080, 

- H110 water cooling will fit the dual fan inside the case

The case fits into my desk area designed for the computer.

- The power module vents out the bottom, and is insulated from the rest of the machine... 

I prefer PSU fan up.I won't go into why, but down is acceptable as long as the vents at the bottom are as non restrictive as possible, which these seen to be, so all good.

From what you say, looks like it's great for your needs.