Sign in to follow this  
ilya1502

Can I create a flight plan from scratch?

As RXP has been dead for so long, I consider buying Mindstar, but is there anywhere a comprehensive list of what the GNS530/430 set simulates? There is a lot of information about what it cannot, like Terrain and VNAV, however, the updates are coming and the things change...

Namely, is it possible, after powering up the unit, open the FPL page and create a new flight plan by entering points like in a real unit (not through FSX planner or other external program)?

What options of working with flight plans are supported? Will I be able to store them and retrieve later?

Finally, do units sent their course deviation commands using stock FSX/P3D variables, so that any VOR or HSI can display the CDI properly?

Yes, it is possible to open the FPL page and create a new flight plan.  In fact, it's the only method they support.

Yes, you can save them just like you would on the real units.

No we did not hack into the core sim to override the CDI.  The default GPS lateral needle signal functions with our units.  However, vertical deviation needle support for WAAS LPV approaches is not supported with the default sim glideslope variable.  To assist with that, when you install our GNS units we modify the default C172 panel to include our 430 and 530 and while doing that we also replace the VOR/HSI units with custom ones we created that do recognize our glidepath deviation variable.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69