Sign in to follow this  
Guest DLM9000

FScene Cleansweep Autogen and UT-USA

Guest DLM9000

I loaded the FScene patch for the Clean Sweep Autogen and now I am missing most of my autogen buildings. It appears that the residential buildings are missing. I see larger commercial buildings and the trees. These ARE aligned with the roads. I would say that I have about one quarter the autogen I had before. Could it be that I have UT-USA loaded?I posted in the FScene support forum and got no reply. Should I just hang it up and get BEV? DM

I would stay with FScene until BEV have released all the seasons for USA/Canada, who knows if they will ever finish them with all the childish stuff thats been going on over there :).OHN

Guest davidvoogd

The night lighting in UT will reduce autogen because FS won't allow you to place two objects in the same place, I run with just the major roads and major lights - it's a good compromise as you keep most of the autogen but still see lights in towns and cities.I just installed the FScene Canada / USA textures with the cleansweep upgrade and plan to use it until all of the BEV textures are out as well (as seeing northern Canada is already into winter textures and the BEV fall textures aren't even out yet - plus I have owned FScene for a while).

I tried the patch too and found plenty missing. I restored the former TEXTURE folder which I had copied prior to patching. I bet he will come out with another patch to fix this soon.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest davidvoogd

I did a flight in Northern Manitoba and all the trees were there, so perhaps it is specific terrain types that are posing a problem?

Guest DLM9000

I played with it quite a bit last night trying to figure out what was going on. When I disabled UT-USA Residential Roads, it got better. When I disabled Residential Lights, it got better. I disabled everything in UT-USA, and it was much better, BUT, the autogen was still pretty thin compared to prior to applying the patch.My test areas were KSEA, KORD, and KORF.Having the residential roads turned off was more of a negative impact to me than having the autogen misaligned. If you have BEV, do you need Ultimate Terrain USA?In other words, Does BEV have the following?Road enhancements?Railroad enhancements?Coast Line enhancements?Night ligthing enhancements?Has anyone tried BEV with USA Roads, or UT-USA? Does the autogen work well with these products?Dennis Mitchell

Guest DLM9000

Did you have any other add-ons like UT-USA, USA Roads, USA Utilities USA Railroads, or other similar add-ons?Dennis

Dennis,BEV is simply a texture replacement product. Landclass such as your FS default or UT or FSGenesis or the like has to tell FS to draw a forest here, a field over there and then a town next to it. BEV and FSScene are the images drawn to represent the field, forest and so on. BEV urban textures, and I assume FSScene as well, can give the illusion of residential streets as they are drawn into the texture. If you like detail and accuracy, you still need another product such as UT to give you the major roads, railroads, coastlines, rivers and so on. Texture products like BEV and FSscene and data products like UT compliment each other, they do not duplicate the effort.I use UT with BEV, and as others have suggested, I like my results best with the UT enhanced night lighting turned off when flying during the day and the UT enhanced residential roads turn off all the time. I would assume the same would hold true when using FSscene.Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

Guest DLM9000

Thanks Tony. Great explanation of BEV. I have FScene TexturesFSG Lanclass (US)UT-USA Urban Textures, City Lanclass, Lighting, Roads, Railroads and Coast line enhancements FsGenesis Mesh Terrain.I am finding the same thing you are. UT-USA Residential Lights off in the day time, and residential roads of in the night.In BEV, if you turn on the residential roads, does it greatly reduce the autogen?Has anyone tried the KoorbyGen freeware with the FSG textures?Dennis Mitchell

If you turn on the enhanced urban roads in UT, you will get less autogen in BEV or any other product. It is simply a matter that FS will not draw autogen on top of or right next to roads. If you add all those roads, FS can't draw the autogen.Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

Guest koorby

Hi Dennis,I've not tried using koorbygen with FScene, but I imagine with the latest patch the autogen should line up ok.I use BEV in North America and because residential roads are depicted in the textures themselves, there's little benefit from turning on UT's residential roads; in fact, it looks bad, with a cross-hatching effect happening. I would imagine the same applies to the FScene textures - turn of UT residential roads and all night lighting and you'll get the best results.