Sign in to follow this  
luke97

X-Plane 10.50 RC1 released

almost. should be in 24-48 hours

I think it's longer than that, RC1 means release candidate 1, meaning it's still in beta, just in the final testing period. If there are still major bugs found there will be an RC2 etc.

I think it's longer than that, RC1 means release candidate 1, meaning it's still in beta, just in the final testing period. If there are still major bugs found there will be an RC2 etc.

I'm not sure about this - last time the RC version was available on steam.

Supnik said 24 hours in the comments;

- "Hi Ben, I was wondering if and when Steam will be getting 10.50 RC1"

- "Ben Supnik says:

Probably about 24 hours after the regular sim gets it. It takes a little longer to kit the sim build, so usually we start kitting it once it’s been out for desktop for a few hours and we know there aren’t any “oh @#$@#” bugs that cause an instant recut. I have already cut the Steam Mac builds (that’s my part of the multi-person process) but it takes a while for everything to get through the pipeline."

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Phase alpha and beta out to 0 at 0 speed – this prevents jitter of alpha and beta when plane is not flying.

I'm interested to know what exactly that is...

I'm taking a guess: alpha (angle of attack) and beta (angle of sideslip) are of course undefined when the airspeed is zero, and hence their dataref value becomes jittery/unreliable when the airspeed is very close to zero. This should prevent that behaviour. Probably it's only important for some plugin that makes use of these datarefs.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Hmm, could that be a fix (finally) for that slight jittering that you can see when the aircraft is at a standstill on the ground?

I'm taking a guess: alpha (angle of attack) and beta (angle of sideslip) are of course undefined when the airspeed is zero, and hence their dataref value becomes jittery/unreliable when the airspeed is very close to zero. This should prevent that behaviour. Probably it's only important for some plugin that makes use of these datarefs.

Hmm, could that be a fix (finally) for that slight jittering that you can see when the aircraft is at a standstill on the ground?

That is exactly what I'm wondering. (Albeit very cautiously so as not to get my hopes up. :smile: )

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

That's still there unfortuanately

It's a bug database ID (D=desktop).

Yes, but I would like to understand what was fixed.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Updated fine on second attempt.

Seems to me water (reflections) is less CPU hungry than before, switching from low to advanced doesn't seem to bother my system anymore.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Could someone please perform this test for me with the latest XP10.50 RC1 :-)

Pick the default Beechcraft C90 in XP10.50 RC1  and set it flying level at, say, 6,000 feet.

Then, without touching the throttles or condition levers, make variations, first small, then larger, to the Prop RPM and watch the FF ( fuel flow ) gauge.

There should be no noticeable changes in FF because it's a free-running turbine engine. They mention they fixed something regarding

FF in the C90, and I wonder if this was the fix, which would be good to know :-)

Thx!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Pick the default Beechcraft C90 in XP10.50 RC1  and set it flying level at, say, 6,000 feet.

Then, without touching the throttles or condition levers, make variations, first small, then larger, to the Prop RPM and watch the FF ( fuel flow ) gauge.

There should be no noticeable changes in FF because it's a free-running turbine engine. They mention they fixed something regarding

FF in the C90, and I wonder if this was the fix, which would be good to know :-)

Thx!

Jose,

The fix in the King Air was to get the fuel flow more in line with real world performance specific to that aircraft.  There was no change in the overall X-Plane engine model.

Thx!

Yep but put over the MCP and you have no more visual on the monitor. LoL

In any case the radio is really a big improvement if you fly online.

Can't update...their server hangs up and crashes with Boom.wav zip 1

Can't get past this...

Never had any trouble whatsoever. I cannot update Xplane at all.

What have they changed with the servers?!?!?!?!?

deleted

Did you figure it out or just quit trying?  I had update problems, but I had renamed the internal X-Plane.exe folder to X-Plane beta and when it updated, it made a new X-Plane folder and it wouldn't start.  Stupid mistake after all these years...

John

John Wingold