Sign in to follow this  
Guest A_Delta_Sierra

MS FS bloggers

That is a good idea! There's another FS site that has an RSS feed, and I find it quite handy, especially since switching to Firefox as my primary browser. It's got very nice built-in RSS support. It'd be great if Avsim could work it out to provide a feed.

While I enjoy checking out the blogs myself, especially Jason's, I can't help but think with more attention to them, how easily it could go sour with some negative, idiotic posts (hopefully not)What are the benefits of an RSS feed over just checking the sites?Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

Good question about RSS feeds ...Look closely at the image I posted. On one single page I can check the activity of all the MS FS team. Notice how I have expanded two of the locations and the last five utterances of the headlines are displayed. Now I don't have to check them individualy for new content. I can set how many "headlines" I want, how many days I should look in the past ...It makes everything easy and simple. I can delete the team off the "links" toolbar of Iexp. Know what I mean? Anything that speeds up the process of fun is wothwhile. But the world is full of na sayers to technology so .... so be it.Oh, they have been lurkers of these forms for years. I think they are big enough boys to defend themselves. They have "posted" the RSS link for people to use. That should tell you something. To make a comment you must be a member of the MS network.Learn more about RSS then come back and comment on why it shouldn't be used here. I know nothing bad about it, except that it is technology to make things easier!Regards,Bob

Thanks for the info Bob, I am all for technology especially if I can benefit from it. FTR I never said it shouldn't be used here. I feel a big reason some shun technology is they don't understand it.As for the being big boys and defending themselves, correct, but hopefully they will never have to. ;-)Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Hey Bob,>To make a comment you must be a member of the MS>network.>>Regards,>Bob>Actually, that's not a specific requirement of the technet blog site. I can't speak for the other members of the team, but I just missed that option in the setup page when I created the blog. Someone at work sent around an email a couple of days ago to point out this issue, and I've since updated my blogs configuration.Glad you are enjoying the blogs,Tim

Guest KChapman

Indeed, many of us are enjoying the blogs, Tim. Thanks for investing the time to put yours up. Though you've obviously been here before and have unofficially been lurking for years, welcome back to the forums at AVSIM. We're glad you're here and look forward to sharing our love of flight and flightsim with you.Kevin

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

And now we have an "EnGauged' Ms. to tell us how to make kewl gauges.Newest MS FS blogger is here:http://blogs.technet.com/engauged/default.aspxI still think a RSS feed into a new folder here would be kewl. It doesn't take anything to do it. I don't need it, I have it allon my yahoo page, but how many of the readers can set up their own? RSS feeds are made just for this purpose -- so that "headlines" and information can be shown around the web without any work once the links are established.Regards,BobShttp://s95171098.onlinehome.us/junk/aopa.jpgSeems the rage to talk about the "size and speed" of each others computer. Beat this if you can for solving novel/unique problem anywhere in the cosmos. ..Have K&E and know how to use it! AND now I have a 64 4000+ with 1/2 a terra byte on 4 drives a fast gig and fast dvd burnes 6600GT and ALL the sliders near far right. But I am keeping my K&E!

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

Yep, some people only see evil and tricks in life. I have found people "find and get" what they are looking for. Look for 'good' and you will find good, look for 'evil' and you will find evil. Good luck!Yes, I admire them for what they are doing. You understand that by being management employees of MS, what they utter in public, like they are doing, will be upheld as a legal statement from MS. Management people, like those making the utternces, are 24/7 employees of a company and ALL their utterance about the company are on behalf of the company and will uphold in all disputes. All management utterances, regardless of from what level, are utterances from the company. Yes, I admire them for the bravery being shown. The MS attorneys must be sleeping. ;-)Regards,BobShttp://s95171098.onlinehome.us/junk/aopa.jpgSeems the rage to talk about the "size and speed" of each others computer. Beat this if you can for solving novel/unique problem anywhere in the cosmos. ..Have K&E and know how to use it!

What is not functioning for you, it runs with zero probs on 3 different pc i have. And with all the addons i throw at it im amazed how well everything works. If your having so much trouble with it that you want a refund then there is something seriuosly wrong with your system.OHN

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

To make things a lot easier to stay up with the utterances of the MS FS team I have added RSS links to my Yahoo page. Now I don't have to "visit" the bloggs to see if anything is new. :-)Here is a link to show you what I mean.http://photos.imageevent.com/dvds4bmx/ascap/RSSfeedFSteam.jpAdd the needed "g" to the end of the above url to see the image.Now if Steve would get ALL his fellow bloggers to provide a RSS link ....Why doesn't AVSIM monitor the RSS link? It is PUBLIC info and it would make things a lot easier for a lot of the visitors to stay up with the utterances of the MS team.Click the technology up one level!Regards,Bob