Sign in to follow this  
busdriver

driver Update Software

Folks,

Is anyone aware of a good software program that will scan for new drivers for your system? 

Thanks in advance.

-Bill

I'm curious as to why you need it. In many years I've never used such software.

If your system is stable you don't need new drivers to be honest. and if you do,it's easy to go get it from where it resides.

For example, it was some time ago that i updated my graphics card driver, don't need to, I'm happy with this driver.

I don't know any driver that MUST be updated every time there's a new release. 

Good point folks.... Was just curious. I want to make sure my system is fully optimized. :)

Uniblue Power Pro.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Good point folks.... Was just curious. I want to make sure my system is fully optimized. :)

If it's running great, it is optimized. 

BIOS updates - yes if a new platform. Otherwise only if you need it for a valid reason. If yes, get it from the motherboard manufacturers website.

Graphics card driver - yes if you've installed a new game that requires the latest driver. Yes if there's a significant increase in performance reported and you fancy giving it a go. Otherwise no, not required. If yes get it from Nvidia or AMD website.

Sound card - yes if you're having issues. No if you aren't. If yes, get it from the sound card manufacturers website, or if on-board sound, from the motherboard manufacturers web site.

Chip-set driver - rarely if ever needs updating after the initial build. 

Monitor driver - rarely if ever needs updating.

Mouse, keyboard, joystick - rarely if ever needs updating.

You don't need any kind of utility to search for drivers for you. The infrequent requirement for driver updates and ease with which it can be done yourself, renders such software unnecessary. Of course, the providers of said software will try their very best to sell you their product.

• Upvote 1

Folks,

Is anyone aware of a good software program that will scan for new drivers for your system? 

Thanks in advance.

-Bill

This is the very best - used some time back when I was having issues in control panel with drivers I couldnt figure out - I think you purchase a yearly subscription - saved my butt a few times - its excellent

After initial purchase it will run out after said year and doesnt re-hit your credit card - you would have to re-purchase again if you need it - only used it a few times probably due to the old gigabyte motherboards I was using never needed it with ASUS 

http://driveragent.com/?PHPSESSID=3b6i1pn61tcmqfs7cincls4pe0

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

A yearly subscription for someone with zero problems... no thanks!   :smile:

A yearly subscription for someone with zero problems... no thanks!   :smile:

Agreed if you dont have issues no need for it but if you cant seems to find a driver thats causing explanation marks in control panel it works well 

Rich Sennett

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Thank you guys!

Welcome only needed if your in a bind which is why I offered it up

Rich Sennett