Sign in to follow this  
flyinion

Anniversary update broke Nvidia Inspector?

Not sure what is going on, but I updated to the anniversary update tonight.  Noticed I had to re-import my Inspector profiles, set back up some other Nvidia control panel settings etc.  As far as I can tell everything is working EXCEPT the refresh rate control.  In the Inspector profile it's set to 1/2 refresh rate.  In the sim it's anything but locked.  Not sure what to do here.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Not sure what is going on, but I updated to the anniversary update tonight.  Noticed I had to re-import my Inspector profiles, set back up some other Nvidia control panel settings etc.  As far as I can tell everything is working EXCEPT the refresh rate control.  In the Inspector profile it's set to 1/2 refresh rate.  In the sim it's anything but locked.  Not sure what to do here.

I don't use NI, but my Nvidia Control Panel settings were reset to default and had to reconfigure. No other issues detected so far.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Anniversary update? What does it add?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Woops, forgot to mention this is on FSX:SE

Ugh, looks like I just found the problem thanks to some Googling and Reddit.  Hopefully an NI update will fix it.  Apparently I need to get on FSX more so I notice this stuff.  Turns out the latest versions of the Nvidia drivers changed the profile name from "Flight Simulator X" to "Flight Simulator 10" and even creating your own profile and assigning the .exe to it doesn't work.  Only way to get anything to work is through the Nvidia control panel.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

De activated my PF3 and had to re register. Also some FSDT airports and FB de activated. Pays to do a thorough check.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I did the upgrade yesterday and it did not change any of my user settings, and it did not break NVI nor did it load another graphics driver. I am still on 368.81.

I did have to reactivate Flightbeam, FSDT and PMDG NGX and T7.

I did have to shut off the new features.

Works fine!

I did the upgrade yesterday and it did not change any of my user settings, and it did not break NVI nor did it load another graphics driver. I am still on 368.81.

I did have to reactivate Flightbeam, FSDT and PMDG NGX and T7.

I did have to shut off the new features.

Works fine!

Hmmm, I'll give that driver a try.  I"m on 365.19 and that was reported as when the profile changed and broke it.  Maybe it was an error and they changed the profile back in the newer driver.

Well, complete removal and reinstall of the drivers didn't fix it for me.  Tried both the .3 and .6 versions of NI as well.  I don't know if it's a window 10 update issue blocking NI from doing stuff if other people really are getting it to work, or if it's just the driver issue that I found for the newer (but not the newest) Nvidia drivers (posts from last fall).  No matter what I do, vsync is NOT working.  Ugh, guess I'll have to set that in the Nvidia control panel AND live without SGSS and changing the bias on LOD.  This sucks.  I'm not running two drivers that's ridiculous.

That would be very frustrating and I sat at the computer whilst it did the upgrade thinking how much will this ruin the next few days!

However, it didn't and apart from re registering PMDG, Flightbeam and FDST, and reimporting my NVI profile from my "spare" copy on a USB stick, everything does work, with no issues and I have flown about 8 hours since - all is fine.

Perhaps download the latest NVidia driver (368.81), the latest NVI, uninstall the current NVidia driver, uninstall NVI, reboot, do a clean install of the NVidia driver (368.81), by selecting the the clean install option when asked by the .exe, reboot, then install NVI, reboot, then reset the Flight Simulator 10 profile.

This is the path I had to take once before on my last (Windows 7) PC when an update screwed the graphics driver. It worked.

Good luck.

Regards,

Mark

That would be very frustrating and I sat at the computer whilst it did the upgrade thinking how much will this ruin the next few days!

However, it didn't and apart from re registering PMDG, Flightbeam and FDST, and reimporting my NVI profile from my "spare" copy on a USB stick, everything does work, with no issues and I have flown about 8 hours since - all is fine.

Perhaps download the latest NVidia driver (368.81), the latest NVI, uninstall the current NVidia driver, uninstall NVI, reboot, do a clean install of the NVidia driver (368.81), by selecting the the clean install option when asked by the .exe, reboot, then install NVI, reboot, then reset the Flight Simulator 10 profile.

This is the path I had to take once before on my last (Windows 7) PC when an update screwed the graphics driver. It worked.

Good luck.

Regards,

Mark

Yep I did a full uninstall + clean install of the driver.  NI itself doesn't actually install though.

edit:  My only other thought is if this is some kind of Steam Edition issue or that in combination with something.

Anniversary update? What does it add?

Quite a bit...do a search and you can read the reviews...  

And I seem to have all kinds of USB driver problems with my Saitek stuff since installing the Windows 10 'Annihilation"  update.

RobdeVries.jpg

And I seem to have all kinds of USB driver problems with my Saitek stuff since installing the Windows 10 'Annihilation"  update.

Most likely you need to update your Saitek Drivers. I had to update my Creative Soundcard drivers from the Creative site, to their dedicated W10 driver suite. These driver did NOT upgrade to what Creative has as their dedicated W10 drivers, when I upgraded from W7. I suspect that they are fine tuning W10 with the Anniversary Update..and that might have made your no longer being able to run with actual dedicated W7 drivers.  Check out the Saitek site..and install any W10 driver you see for your particular products.  This will most likely correct the problem...and have you running in fact more optimum.

The update seems to affect us in various ways....I had no issues with Saitek and didn't have to re-register any PMDG products...only had to change my Nvidia Control Panel to use my GTX860m as default for P3D....

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X