Sign in to follow this  
flyinion

Anniversary update broke Nvidia Inspector?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=defer+upgrades+in+windows+10&filters=guid:%22a0eb9743-5670-4bad-858f-c815c00a2227%22%20lang:%22en-us%22&form=S00028&adlt=strict

Here's a really good reason to pay the $99.00, and upgrade to Windows 10 Professional!:

Microsoft will roll feature updates out on Windows 10 Home PCs first, and all those home users will effectively act as beta testers for you. if there are any problems with the update, they should be found and fixed by the time they become mandatory on Windows 10 Professional.

I just engaged the Defer Upgrades check-box, that you get with W10 Professional, Enterprise, and Educational versions.  This will allow them to get their 'Anniversary' act together!  The one nice thing about this feature of Windows 10 Pro, is that it only defers feature updates, but still allows security updates to install. 

I'm still not going back to W7.  Too many great features and performance perks found in W10.  I will make a system image backup as soon as my Recovery dumps the W7 one month recovery option.

I believe that Microsoft will bend to the pressure and with the next SPx update, will allow Windows users to once more vet or refuse 'feature'/or previously called Service Pack updates before installing, as in all previous O.S. renditions.

What the AU gives me is food for thought!! ... .... to touch base with Sesquashtoo's point re going back to W7, be advised that I tried and eventually gave up .... got the basic bare bones program on my system no bother at all, but ground to a halt when i tried to install OS updates, MSE security database update and finally the NET+ framework .... all of which hung on me, and co-incidentally, of course, all MS software ... .... also since the update am experiencing what looks like a graphics driver crash when coming out of sleep mode       ... edit 5 minutes after posting the foregoing ... just fired up my W10 desktop and all USB functions out ... yes, ladies and gents I feel we're in for a long haul back to commonsense on this one!!!     .....................................                  

Alan

I have had the same problem with the recent anniversary upgrade. I'm running FSX:SE.

After the update had loaded I noticed I had jaggies again so I started Nvidia Inspector however it kept crashing. After downloading the latest Nvidia Profile Inspector, I don't have crash issues anymore however I have the same issue whereby changing settings for the 'Microsoft Flight Simulator 10' profile does nothing. Even adding a program to the profile doesn't work so I don't have any AA settings at all now.

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

I had the exact problem as well. Launched version 1.9.x then crashed. So I managed to find and download version 2.1.2.15 and that works fine and as it should. Just make sure you've saved your previous inspector profile and then import that into your FSX (FS10) or prar3d profile. 
As for the anniversary edition, only realised that the start menu is a little more tidy.