Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

What's wrong with PSS?

*yawn*People complain, if developer creates a visually appealing, yet frame-rate friendly cockpit - others complain, if a cockpit is provided that only owners of a $900 processor and GPU can enjoy.I would suggest that you comment about any PSS product AFTER purchasing and trying one. Everyone welcomes you to post an objective (critical) review. Just don't only judge a developer by a screenshot of an unreleased product and some website screens. It's just not fair.

Guest Knikolaes

>thats why credit cards rule :)Unless they are prepaid credit cards :-( Then again I suppose that rules, too, as I never have surprising bills :-)Hopefulyl my friend will show up tomorrow and buy my old hard drive like he said he was going to . . . . if so . . . I am buying two models and 2 liveries tomorrow :-) (LR and LRF -- Delta and UPS).

>Just don't only judge a developer>by a screenshot of an unreleased product and some website>screens. It's just not fair.I am not judging the developer - I am judging the screenshot. Screenshots in this business are equivalent to a store's front window - if you don't like what you see you go next door to the competition. That's the nature of the beast.Michael J.

Talking personally, I have not purchased anything PSS since the A330/A340 with the A320 thrust levers. But, ignoring the AA in this picture, I am quite impressed with that view of the VC. Remembering how cutting edge the old PSS 747 and 777 used to be in 2000/2001, I'll reserve judgement until it has been out a few weeks.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Guest Phoenix 1

I'd like to actually THANK the small minority who complain about every detail... And I think you should also.These "Rivet counters" have actually made me into a better Modeller as I have strived to put smiles on faces by improving and changing every reported issue including moving ONE VERTEX to adjust the tail LOL.. I realise I cant win everyone over, I never will.. But thanks to the "minority group" I have pleased quite a few more this time .. Cheers !!:)

Norman, could you please let me know if there are wing views available in VC mode? I also usually only fly from the cockpit and without wing views is like driving a car without the hood in view IMO. If so it looks like an easy choice for buying it!

Guest BryUK

I think a fair bit of credit should go to Ben Jones and the iFDG forums where alot of things were pointed out and subsequently many of them have been adjusted. The only thing that's caught me off guard is the credit card payment is made straight away on the pre-order (over a week ago). I'm rather more used to the standard that when you pre-order you aren't charged until the product is actually ready to ship. I'm not really complaining, I just don't think its quite the best way to do things.

STOP IT!!! I have a weak heart and can't take it pounding in my chest in anticipation! If I drop dead before release I want a FULL REFUND!!! :-lolAs I said, THIS is what I expected from PSS, no less! Keep it coming!Regards,Mike T.

Guest Pyjamas

That model looks much better. I hope she does well :-)Pyjamas

I've seen both ways used, the way PSS uses is quite common with small companies.They start preorders not just as a service to customers but as a way to generate some income to get through the period between product announcement and delivery (which is often a slow period for companies that have few product categories to offer).I'd expected such a system, which in part explains why I didn't preorder (I simply have to wait until my health insurance pays out on my new glasses, which should be before the end of this month).

>I am not judging the developer - I am judging the screenshot.>Screenshots in this business are equivalent to a store's front>window - if you don't like what you see you go next door to>the competition. That's the nature of the beast.>>Michael J.>Then it still would be nice to keep the opinion to yourself and don't bash the developer without even owning the product. Every effort in the community should be appreciated and welcomed. Above you have other screenshots and, I think, they look pretty good.What is your problem? The folks from PSS are happy to answer any of your question and have even posted here in the general forum that is not even PSS-related. If you want more info or complain about their lack of info on their website, send then an email, raise your concerns and I am sure they'll help.*bling* another 2 cents..

Guest aarskringspier

>>I am not judging the developer - I am judging the>screenshot.>>Screenshots in this business are equivalent to a store's>front>>window - if you don't like what you see you go next door to>>the competition. That's the nature of the beast.>>>>Michael J.>>>>Then it still would be nice to keep the opinion to yourself>and don't bash the developer without even owning the product.>Every effort in the community should be appreciated and>welcomed. Above you have other screenshots and, I think, they>look pretty good.>>What is your problem? The folks from PSS are happy to answer>any of your question and have even posted here in the general>forum that is not even PSS-related. If you want more info or>complain about their lack of info on their website, send then>an email, raise your concerns and I am sure they'll help.>>*bling* another 2 cents.. Oh my Lord get your under pants unbunched. Everyone has an opinion and Michal stated his rather nicely unlike yourself. Those first shots of the VC looked awful due to the lack of AA, the new ones are quite amazing. it does make a difference.

Guest jgreth123

That second set of shots looks nice.My question, though, is how are the gauge refresh rates?I fly 100% from VC... so is the FMC programmable from the VC? Is the PFD smooth so a small, but quick attitude shift is going to be reflected accurately as opposed to waiting a full second for the attitude indicator to display it.An example, the PMDG 737 ( older VC, but still nice ) is about as choppy as I will fly in a VC. Anything that refreshes slower is not very usable to me flying ONLY from the VC.I'd be interested to see some of it in a small video ( 10 second video of a turn from the VC would be enough to convince me ) :)Otherwise I have no issues with the other stuff I can see.

Sorry, but I do have a problem with people making unfounded statements. Nothing against raising opinions, but complaining about a product that is not even released is rather boring. What was the purpose of this posting anyway? To bash the developer, nothing more.

Guest Knikolaes

>I'd like to actually THANK the small minority who complain>about every detail... And I think you should also.>>These "Rivet counters" have actually made me into a better>Modeller as I have strived to put smiles on faces by improving>and changing every reported issue including moving ONE VERTEX>to adjust the tail LOL>.. I realise I cant win everyone over, I never will.. >But thanks to the "minority group" I have pleased quite a few>more this time .. >>Cheers !!>>:)**smiles** Well said, friend. Well said.