Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Is 3.5 worth the upgrade hassle from 3.0?

Lots of ORBX scenery installed and PMDG aircraft so wondering if you found it worth the time to do the upgrade, and if so why.  Thanks!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Lots of ORBX scenery installed and PMDG aircraft so wondering if you found it worth the time to do the upgrade, and if so why.  Thanks!

The upgrade does not affect any of your current scenery or settings.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3.5?  I think you mean 3.3.5

I have a list of the files impacted by the various component updates (it's a long long list) and I'm incorporating that into an AVSIM P3D guide, but has taken me longer than I expected.  I've also asked LM to include a list of files that will be overwritten for each subsequent component installer ... so hoping that will happen for next release.

Elaine's guide is a great reference.

Cheers, Rob.

hi jim, iam still running 3.1 and iam thinking upgrading pretty much every day but cause of laziness i guess i dont do it. lol  my question is will i loose all my aircraft configurations settings and configurations i have managed to get right after many months of tweaking ? i have dash 8 , pmdg 737, asnext and i suppose i will have to reinstall all the fsdt and flightbeam airports i own. what actually do i have to reinstall again? also still running W7 . not quite laziness its cause i have just reinstalled W7 and p3d after loosing my drives 7 months ago and if i would upgrade would i have to install 3.3 or go to 3.2 and than 3.3 . thx for your advice.

henry

hi jim, iam still running 3.1 and iam thinking upgrading pretty much every day but cause of laziness i guess i dont do it. lol  my question is will i loose all my aircraft configurations settings and configurations i have managed to get right after many months of tweaking ? i have dash 8 , pmdg 737, asnext and i suppose i will have to reinstall all the fsdt and flightbeam airports i own. what actually do i have to reinstall again? also still running W7 . not quite laziness its cause i have just reinstalled W7 and p3d after loosing my drives 7 months ago and if i would upgrade would i have to install 3.3 or go to 3.2 and than 3.3 . thx for your advice.

henry

All I did is uninstall the Prepar3D Professional Client and then downloaded the latest version and installed it.  I did not have to mess around with any of my aircraft, none of my Orbx scenery, my scenery.cfg was still there with no changes, there was no changes to the P3D.cfg, there was no changes to dll.xml or exe.xml.  Use Elaine's excellent uninstall the client and reinstall the new version topic - http://www.avsim.com/topic/484945-how-do-i-update-prepar3d-v3-using-the-new-installers/

I think the main change with the client update is the update of P3D.exe and that does not affect your aircraft or scenery.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3.5?  I think you mean 3.3.5

I have a list of the files impacted by the various component updates (it's a long long list) and I'm incorporating that into an AVSIM P3D guide, but has taken me longer than I expected.  I've also asked LM to include a list of files that will be overwritten for each subsequent component installer ... so hoping that will happen for next release.

Elaine's guide is a great reference.

Cheers, Rob.

Good ideas!. Waiting for that update of the excellent Avsim P3D Guide.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Lots of ORBX scenery installed and PMDG aircraft so wondering if you found it worth the time to do the upgrade

There was some good Fixs and Improvments with 3.3.5  But it really depends on what You are looking for http://prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/what_is_new/new_v33.html

Some Might say.....If Prepar3D V 3  is running good for you and your happy,  well then there is no need to Update. 

Others might say.....We are due another Update Release soon,  so i would wait till then and you might decided to skip 3.3.5 and Update to the next version.  

==============

But if you decided to Update now to 3.3.5  It's very easy and quick,  Takes only a couple of minutes 

The Link that Jim and Dale has provided will have 6 pages of Pictures and Information,  Please Read It. 

This is the shorten Version (No Pictures) 

Please Note: The following Information may change for future Release Updates but for now this Information is Relevant.  

Regarding Updating to Prepar3D V 3.3.517625

You will only need Client and Content       Scenery was Not Updated in the last Update Release

Download the full Prepar3D V 3.3.517625 from the Prepar3D site.

Client:  You will Need Client for definite (if you want to update)  

Content:  Some 3rd Party Software need the Content updated,  So its highly recommended to Update Content

Scenery:   There was No change in Scenery going from 3.2.3  to  3.3.5  So No need to Update there.

What to Do.......  

(1)  Uninstall Client and Content in your Control Panel  "Programs and Features"  Restart your Computer.  

(2)  Install the Client First,  Then the Content   Restart your Computer.

After you Update (If you have these Ad On's) 

Orbx Libs 160708?  "New Version"  No region changing 

(1A) To sort your Orbx Autogen Entries,  When you Run a Content Update,  It will leave your Autogen files back to Default.   All you do is open up your FTX Control Panel,  That's It   When you open your FTX Control Panel you will Notice on the bottom left  "Syncing Update Data"  will be Automatically doing its thing assuring your Autogen files are in order.

Orbx Libs Version 160321 and older  "Old Version" 

(1B)  To sort your Orbx Autogen Entries,  Go to your FTX Control Panel.  Click either FTX Global or Europe and click apply,  That's it. 

(2)   Go to your Rex_Texture Control Panel Or Soft Clouds Control Panel and Inject your Theme again. 

(3)   Run the FSDT addon_Manager again if you have any FSDT Products like Airports or Ground Services X Installed  https://www.fsdreamt...donmanager.html

(4)   Inject PrecipitFX again.      

(5)   Run Orbx Libs Installer again  (Just to be on the safe side) 
  • Upvote 1

There was some good Fixs and Improvments with 3.3.5  But it really depends on what You are looking for http://prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/what_is_new/new_v33.html

Some Might say.....If Prepar3D V 3  is running good for you and your happy,  well then there is no need to Update. 

Others might say.....We are due another Update Release soon,  so i would wait till then and you might decided to skip 3.3.5 and Update to the next version.  

==============

But if you decided to Update now to 3.3.5  It's very easy and quick,  Takes only a couple of minutes 

The Link that Jim and Dale has provided will have 6 pages of Pictures and Information,  Please Read It. 

This is the shorten Version (No Pictures) 

Please Note: The following Information may change for future Release Updates but for now this Information is Relevant.  

Regarding Updating to Prepar3D V 3.3.517625

You will only need Client and Content       Scenery was Not Updated in the last Update Release

Download the full Prepar3D V 3.3.517625 from the Prepar3D site.

Client:  You will Need Client for definite (if you want to update)  

Content:  Some 3rd Party Software need the Content updated,  So its highly recommended to Update Content

Scenery:   There was No change in Scenery going from 3.2.3  to  3.3.5  So No need to Update there.

What to Do.......  

(1)  Uninstall Client and Content in your Control Panel  "Programs and Features"  Restart your Computer.  

(2)  Install the Client First,  Then the Content   Restart your Computer.

After you Update (If you have these Ad On's) 

Orbx Libs 160708?  "New Version"  No region changing 

(1A) To sort your Orbx Autogen Entries,  When you Run a Content Update,  It will leave your Autogen files back to Default.   All you do is open up your FTX Control Panel,  That's It   When you open your FTX Control Panel you will Notice on the bottom left  "Syncing Update Data"  will be Automatically doing its thing assuring your Autogen files are in order.

Orbx Libs Version 160321 and older  "Old Version" 

(1B)  To sort your Orbx Autogen Entries,  Go to your FTX Control Panel.  Click either FTX Global or Europe and click apply,  That's it. 

(2)   Go to your Rex_Texture Control Panel Or Soft Clouds Control Panel and Inject your Theme again. 

(3)   Run the FSDT addon_Manager again if you have any FSDT Products like Airports or Ground Services X Installed  https://www.fsdreamt...donmanager.html

(4)   Inject PrecipitFX again.      

(5)   Run Orbx Libs Installer again  (Just to be on the safe side) 

Thanks Elaine, you answered my questions!

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

OK, that's me.  Thanks for that I think I'll hold off until 4.0 arrives, or 64 bit whichever comes first.  Works quite well right now.

• Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Thanks everyone for the comments.  The SSD P3D lives on is getting slightly long in the tooth so probably best wait til it's time to pick up a new SSD and then depending on where P3D is at that point do the upgrade.   

Noel

Is there any indication on when the next P3D release will be out? As per Elaine's post above "Some would say....we are due another Update Release soon". Are we talking weeks or months here?

I have just formatted and reinstalled Windows 10 with the new Anniversary Update. Ready to install P3Dv3.3.5. now but would definitely hold off on doing this if I knew that the update is just a couple weeks off.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

DO I really need to downloaded the ENTIRE installer, can't I just download the contents that I need? I have a slow connection.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Yes,   You can Install directly from the Prepar3D website,  As you can see from the Image you have to Download Cont1.cab First before you Install the Content.msi

Just keep in mind you need to Install Client first and then Install the Content.msi   For everything else follow post #9 ^^ 

Please Note:  Read Post #9 before you take this action,  as you need to Uninstall the old components.  

26482000051_44a099b099_o.png