Sign in to follow this  
sascha

HU: Another update for EVO2015

Nice looking shots, but have you processed them in some way? (edit) well obviously you have at least added the vignette.

Imo they should come directly from the sim (not through photoshop) so they show what you get if you decide to buy.

Nice looking shots, but have you processed them in some way? (edit) well obviously you have at least added the vignette.

Imo they should come directly from the sim (not through photoshop) so they show what you get if you decide to buy.

The screenshots ARE in fact directly from the sim, the effects including the vignette are done in the sim through sweetfx and enbseries. I like the Vignette because it emulates a FOV.

Cheers, Sascha

Here are three screenshots – all taken with the same situation, at the same time and place – showing:

1. The difference that a change in sweetfx and/or enb can make to overall appearance. All three new screenshots have a slightly reduced sweetfx HDR effect and reduced bloom darkness from enb compaed to previous screenshots in this thread..

2. The difference that a sky texture set makes. First new screenshot is the REX set used in the previous screenshots; second is the set from the Soft Horizons package and the third another set that I can't remember the provenance of.

REX

FS9%2B2016-08-15%2B01-30-57-94.jpg

Soft Horizons

FS9%2B2016-08-15%2B01-37-06-88.jpg

Unknown

FS9%2B2016-08-15%2B02-07-07-81.jpg

Note the lighter or darker shadows on the plane,cloud contrast, the changing saturation of ground textures and the difference in distant haze.

A more natural look to your sim is also possible.

FS9%2B2016-08-16%2B01-39-12-69.jpg

I am adding more tweaked city autogen + some additional light coverage in the tropics before release.

The only way to "see" what this product is like is to load it on YOUR PC with YOUR monitor.  I personally don't use SweetFX nor EMB nor any other "colorization" ..... and found that I didn't care for it.  Didn't match what I was naturally seeing "locally" in the Eastern U.S.

Your mileage may vary.

:united-states-flag:

:t4020:

I tend to agree. Need to see how EVO2015 changes the look of FS on it's own how most of us would be using it. What we are seeing in the screenshots is a texture enhancement (EVO2015), mixed with a graphical enhancement, mixed with another graphical enhancement, both of which will affect the look of the original (EVO2015) texture enhancement! lol

I think we just need to see what it will look like in a standard FS with no other 3rd party applications running.

Mark Daniels

I agree completely with what Skywatcher said. Please give us some screenshots with only your EVO2015 textures, disable any other "enhancements".

Ok, I will try to see if I can disable sweetfx or enb. I have been running them for so long that I will need to check which files must be deleted.

That said, I believe many of us try to get the most out of our FS and so consequently use sweetfx and/or enb. Why install any addons if you are content with default look? Especially since both are so easily configurable to add bloom, HDR and whatnot.

How would you judge Evo from my "unenhanced" screenshots seeing that I have a different graphics card and monitor + colour profile? I think the change from default FS9 and even GE is obvious if you look at the ground resolution.

Edit: Do I need to add FS9 default sky textures?

Maybe you can have look at my topics in the screenshots forum, they regularly show FS9Evo ground textures without any shader in use (although - of course not the updated ones). Nevertheless I use FE9G sky textures and HDEv2 clouds.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I used to use enb but when I reverted back to default I liked that better again. Only thing I need is HDE sky textures.

You know those few top pixels in the sky textures that sets the ambient light color, they make a huge difference.

And how would a different gfx card and color profile affect the images you upload. It doesn't work that way.

Anyhow it will be interesting to see the "raw" look of your textures.

.  I personally don't use SweetFX nor EMB nor any other "colorization" ..... and found that I didn't care for it.  Didn't match what I was naturally seeing "locally" in the Eastern U.S.

:

I can't fly in FSX or FS9 unless I DO use sweetfx. I personally care for it and WITHOUT it, it doesn't match what I am naturally seeing ANYWHERE in the world.

Only thing I DONT like is ENB which gives a total unrealistic environment. Dark and unnatural.

And how would a different gfx card and color profile affect the images you upload. It doesn't work that way.

Doesn't my monitor colour profile define the look of any computer graphics I see? I assumed that the screen grab will not be a generic profile but rather what is depicted on screen?

WOW! FS9 looks so good!  

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Doesn't my monitor colour profile define the look of any computer graphics I see? I assumed that the screen grab will not be a generic profile but rather what is depicted on screen?

I would tend to agree with you Sascha. A perfectly tuned monitor with the proper tools will generate a colour profile that should become a reference.

However, having said that, in terms of colour, tinting, shading and toning each individual sees them differently (that is how human beings are made, not exactly alike).

And that is why a monitor calibrator will always be the best reference of these kind of discussions. Other than that, it is a never ending story.

My 2 cents.

Have a nice day all

Pierre

Monitor calibration doesn't affect how a screenshot is recorded. If someone has a perfectly calibrated monitor and someone has a monitor where trees are blue and the ocean is red, both users will produce identically colored screenshots. The monitor is simply a viewing device and if it's calibrated will show a more accurate representation of what it is displaying. In terms of screenshots, makes no difference at all if they are taken on the worlds most poorly calibrated $50 monitor or a perfectly calibrated monitor worth several thousands of dollars. Resulting RGB values in the screenshots will be identical regardless.  

Mark Daniels