Sign in to follow this  
sascha

HU: Another update for EVO2015

I wonder if someone could point me to a downlink to a stand alone version of Sweetfx that is known to work on FS9. I have only been able to find the later Sweetfx associated with Reshade, and haven't managed any success with it. Perhaps because of the Reshade d3d9.dll mentioned above?

Thanks for any help

Ian

Ian Cameron

There used to be an FS9-specific Sweetfx topic pinned here.

It got removed and tossed into the general AVSIM technical discussions.

I've never bothered looking but if you rummage around the site you may be able to find something useful. 

I uploaded another update to the August 2016 Weekend update. It's revised cirrus, stratus and cumulonimbus clouds. Look for it in the fs9/scenery/textures folder.

Take care!

Sascha

Sesquashtoo and Sascha, (and bowingic)

Thanks guys for your responses. I removed the Shader files, and installed "SweetFX 1.5.1", and seem to have much better results, that would be expected from using SweetFx. (bowingic - just Google search SweetFX 1.5.1", you'll find a download link).

Experimenting with the settings now for some fine tuning.

My initial query about blurred ground textures I believe is an FS9.cfg issue/solution, as opposed to the add-on's. I've always had an issue with ground textures not "popping into focus" until almost right on top of them, which leads to very close proximity looking good, and anything beyond blurred, and won't pop into focus until I am pretty close to that "tile" of ground surface.

Sesquashtoo, I have an older ATI 5770 card, and use Radeon Pro to adjust settings. I think I am getting the max out of my card settings, so hoping for some further advice on FS9.cfg settings.

Thanks very much, once again. :)

Neil :cool:

Sesquashtoo and Sascha, (and bowingic)

Thanks guys for your responses. I removed the Shader files, and installed "SweetFX 1.5.1", and seem to have much better results, that would be expected from using SweetFx. (bowingic - just Google search SweetFX 1.5.1", you'll find a download link).

Experimenting with the settings now for some fine tuning.

My initial query about blurred ground textures I believe is an FS9.cfg issue/solution, as opposed to the add-on's. I've always had an issue with ground textures not "popping into focus" until almost right on top of them, which leads to very close proximity looking good, and anything beyond blurred, and won't pop into focus until I am pretty close to that "tile" of ground surface.

Sesquashtoo, I have an older ATI 5770 card, and use Radeon Pro to adjust settings. I think I am getting the max out of my card settings, so hoping for some further advice on FS9.cfg settings.

Thanks very much, once again. :)

Neil, it could be system-specific in your case.  I'm running with an EVGA GTX680 Super Clock right now...and that is what is driving my screen's, and the performance thereof.  It's pretty much given that across flight simulators, the nVidia camp, seems to have less video-quality issues, than with ATI cards.  Have you thought of coming to the nVidia side of things?

My FS9 .cfg is pretty much stock, so I don't think I can offer advice in that regard.

Ses

Howdy Ses,

"Have you thought of coming to the nVidia side of things?"

Ha! Next system build  :smile:  Hopefully within the next year.

Best,

Howdy Ses,

Best,

If you read my ***SERIOUS*** post, that I posted this morning in the Video/Monitor forum...about my needing to switch out my present vid card's position on the PCI-Express bus...I'd give that some consideration as well.  In which channel you shall place it into, on the Bus.  I got a flight platform wide, 25 percent increase (not peaks...but a sustainable mean average, or if locked down!) in FPS generation.  If you haven't yet decided to click on the post...it will detail my experience this morning.....and something to certainly think about, on your own system, present, and future....

Cheers,

Sesquashtoo

Howdy Ses,

Best,

I can only second that, ever since I have an Nvidia I have no problems with my flight simming :fool:

Some screenshots of the new clouds and forests without so many service roads:

Clouds #1FS9%2B2016-09-11%2B23-38-46-78.jpg

Clouds #2

FS9%2B2016-09-12%2B01-12-37-64.jpg

Clouds #3

FS9%2B2016-09-12%2B01-23-53-64.jpg

Forests #1

FS9%2B2016-09-11%2B02-09-50-25.jpg

Forests #2

FS9%2B2016-09-11%2B02-09-56-50.jpg

Forests #3

FS9%2B2016-09-11%2B02-10-39-45.jpg

Sascha

Is this update available yet?  I have your 2015 version, where will I find the update when it is available?

System: P3D v5.3HF2 , Intel i9-9900K o/c to 5.1Ghz, Nvidia ASUSGeForce RTX RTX 3090 24GB,  MPG Z390 Gamng Edge mobo, 64Gb G.Skill DDR4 3600Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit

Where are you flying to see the heavily forested areas?

I tried a few spots in North Central USA, and Ontario, where I though I'd see that kind of coverage, but did not see it?

Thanks! :smile:

Also, to Ses and Sascha,

I managed to get my blurry issues resolved by tweaking my FS9.cfg file, so much better on that front.

Played with EVO settings a lot today, and am finding some nice balances. Still more fun to have.

Still looking around for those heavily forested areas though?

Overall, it's really starting to come together. I'll post some pictures when I have it exactly where I want it :)

Is this update available yet?  I have your 2015 version, where will I find the update when it is available?

Hi, you will find the update (and all previous updates) using your original link. There is a section Updates there, and this update is found under the August 2016 weekend link.

Best,

Sascha

Where are you flying to see the heavily forested areas?

I tried a few spots in North Central USA, and Ontario, where I though I'd see that kind of coverage, but did not see it?

Thanks! :smile:

Neil, the results will depend on the landclass you use. EVo works well with UT. I try to augment UT with as much freeware landclass as possible. Using a good mesh helps, I still use FSWorld (I think thats what its called) for global coverage plus a mix of freeware mesh.

Best,

Sascha

Overall, it's really starting to come together

Good to hear, looking forward to your pictures.