Sign in to follow this  
ConnorCarbutt

Aerosoft Airbus a321 will not takeoff.

HI, I decided to buy aerosofts A321/A320 and A319/a318 when they were on sale the other day.

I have never flown an Airbus in flight sim so i knew i would have a few problem and would need to learn how to properly opperate the aircraft but i havent managed to even leave the ground yet as on takeoff the aircraft will pitch back but not lift off the ground. 

Other information: when the automated checklist requires the Elevator trim to be set no trim setting seems to work (which leads me to believe this could be the problem) 

also I have been following a guide on how to set up the aircraft so i can try and learn for myself but even following this guide seems to result in the same problem.

Thanks for any help

Ps. I am very new to the airbus so its very likely that the problem is me doing something wrong.

The Aerosoft Airbus bundle is my favorite airliner add-on currently. You may want to start with a A319 or A320, I found it slightly easier to deal with for an Airbus newbie than the A321. No need to worry about tail strikes!

I think you do not have the throttle correctly engaged in the correct position so are not getting up to the 140-150 knots speed required.

My typical take-off set-up is;

Flaps 1

Pitch - 0.8 up

Thottle 40-50% until stable then put throttles to FLEX (or TOGO for short airfields). Once in the climb you will get an alert on your flight display to put the thottle back to CLB

Also...if you are new to the aircraft I highly recommend using the checklist and co-pilot feature which can be activated from the right computer. They will get everything set for you. You can also use the right computer to add fuel to the aircraft and adjust sounds, like adding the cabin crew announcements.

• Upvote 1

Ill make sure to try an A320 this time and where can i find the required trim as the last flights ive done ive had to use the fuel planner and i wasnt sure weather there was an indication in the aircraft itsself somewhere

Hi 

If you use thr airbus fuel planner expand it and use it to load the aircraft,If you look at it you will see near the bottom middle of the page the required trim setting ,typicallyDOWN 0.2 orUP 0.1.Adjust your trim using your trim keys/buttons and also enter the values in the perf page.

You are probably not loading the fuel and such through the loader. Whenever I forget to load it through the 2nd CDU i quickly remember when I am using all of the runway.

Richie Walsh

What are your V speeds? Are they abnormally high?

Ok, heres what you need to do

Use the fuel planner to work out your fuel and payload, filling out all the required fields. Make a note of the trim setting and centre of gravity it gives you. With the sim running in the background (you must be sitting at the gate in the bus) click "generate loadsheet". Leave the fuel planner open.

Now go to the right MCDU and go to the "Load Fuel" section. Click on "Loadsheet". All the info from the fuel planner will be transfered to the right MCDU. Click on "instant" (or load everything in real time, whichever you prefer).

Now go to the left MCDU. Do the initialisation and then enter your flight plan AND your departure SID (or departure runway at the very least). Go the the "Perf" page to set up the takeoff peformance. Assuming your runway is of decent length, flaps 1 will probably be enough. Enter this info at LSK 3R. Lets assume the fuel planner is giving us a trim value of up 0.3. You need to enter 1/UP0.3 (if the fuel planner gives you a "down" value, substitute UP with DN). If you have a value of 0.0 I believe you can use either UP or DN. It won't matter.

As for setting the trim, the co-pilot won't do it. Aerosoft have already admitted that this is a bug and it will be fixed in the next update. So the best thing to do is set the trim yourself before the after-start checklist begins. Set the lower ECAM screen to display the flight controls. This screen will show the current value of the stabiliser trim as being 0.0. Hover your mouse over the trim wheel spin the mousewheel toward you until you see 0.3 on the ECAM (obviously a "down" value would require you to spin the wheel in the opposite direction). Doing this (matching the trim wheel with what you entered on the PERF page) will force the checklist to advance to the next item.

Now you know that you have the correct fuel, payload trim setting, flap setting and V speeds and this time you should be able to get off the ground. If your V speeds are reading very high you could consider taking off with flaps 2 (you will need to re-enter the data into the PERF page).

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Thanks for all the help, Just got back from holiday so i will try theise tips next time i fly.  Also before i left i realised i could fly the A320 perfectly fine using the same feul planner and using the automatic checklist.

It's not uncommon to see a flaps 2 and packs off take-off on a 321. Depends on the operator though. Try that out and see if it helps

-Chris Crawford

-ATP/MEL

- B737 / B777 / B-727 / EMB-145 / LR-JET

I just tried the A321 again and i dont recall doing anything different but this time it actually lifted off properly. I think my problem was i wasnt changing my trim setting to what was on the fuel planner. i was setting it to something different that was clearly incorrect. anyways. thank you to everyone for giving me a hand in figuring out what i was doing wrong.