Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

A tiny detail...

Just noticed that in the 777 the amber ( maneuvering speed limit ) starts being displayed after takeoff when passing THR Red height if flap retraction speed wasn't yet reached.

I guess it should only happen at the ( first ) flap retraction.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Can you please open a Support Ticket in the Support.precisionmanuals.com with details and documentation on the issue and we can certainly look into it.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

I'll try my best...

for a start:

"The low airspeed monitor is inhibited during takeoff. It is armed once Weight on Wheels goes false and either flaps are retracted, or a valid Reference Approach Speed is available. In addition, a discrete input is present that can be grounded to inhibit the function. The intent of the discrete is that it can be used to disable the monitor permanently in a given installation, and not for use as a flight deck inhibit switch."

from here (Section 6.4.8,  in this case 737 NG, but I think it's "cross-platform" )..

And at the answers for this thread at PPrune...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

You'll have to find a better reference than the NGX documentation or an internet board.  There's not much really that is common between  T7 and NGX.

Dan Downs KCRP

Regarding the amber speed tape, the logic is the same, as some 777 driver confirmed at another forum. Anyway, it's somewhere in one of the FCOMs...

It's clearly stated in at least one 744 FCOM too:

"Minimum Maneuvering Speed
Top of amber bar indicates minimum maneuvering speed. This airspeed provides:

1.3g maneuver capability to stick shaker below approximately 20,000 FT
1.3g maneuver capability to low speed buffet (or an alternative approved maneuver capability as preset by maintenance) above approximately 20,000 FT

Displayed with first flap retraction after takeoff."

Main Simulation Rig:

It's clearly stated in at least one 744 FCOM too:

(Section 6.4.8,  in this case 737 NG, but I think it's "cross-platform" )..

Hello,

I'm surprised that talking about the T7, you take references only from FCOMs of other aircrafts  (737, 747) but 777 while the FCOM of the 777 is provided by PMDG!

May I respectfully ask why?

However, the FCOMv2 of the 777 page 10.10.6 also state "Displayed with first flap retraction after takeoff".

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

That's good enough documentation to refer to in a trouble ticket reporting the discrepancy.  Please do submit a ticket, it's about the only way bugs get validated and put into their bug tracking system and if its not in the bug tracking system it probably gets forgotten.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thx Romain,

and that confirms my claim ! :-)

I searched the document ( PMDG "Flight Manuals"  folder for the 777 ) and found no mention to it... Maybe my search had a typo ?

I'm glad you found it...

Regarding using other Boeing FCOMs, this particular feature is... "cross-platform"... Anyway, it's found now, and even better, on PMDG's own documentation.

Dan, as also requested by Paul Gollnick, that's what I am going to do - report through a TT. Thx.

Main Simulation Rig: