Sign in to follow this  
dureiken

P3Dv3 optimization ?

Hi there,

I just bought P3Dv3, coming from FSX, I would like to know where to start to play fine.

I have REX Global Base, vector, open LC europe and REX4 with soft Clouds.

I already enabled all options in REX4, water and clouds are really fine !

My rig : 3770k@4.6Ghz (HT off), SSD, 8GB memory, GTX1080, 40" 4K screen

I have 3 questions :

1-Is that normal that textures, trees and building appear just in front of my plane (F22 default plane) ? I have LOD radius at maximum

2-What could I expect to run with this rig, all sliders right ? some option to disable with reflection (vegetation for example ?)

3-Do I have to use mask affinity ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Hi,

after a lot of test and advices, do you think that going from a 3770k@4.6ghz to a 6700k(@4.6Ghz) will change something in CPU bound scenes ?

As you can see here :  https://youtu.be/1XK4xQM1UJU

I'm using France VFR Bretagne scene, when I hit pause, all my 4 CPU go to 100% usage, and we can see on the video (10fps is FRAPS settings, I have 35 in game) that texture pop up really late.

I have a SSD with only prepar3D on it, 3770k@4.6Ghz, HToff. I made no change to p3d.cfg.

It's true that I fly really fast with this plane, for the test video, maybe I ask to much to P3D at this altitude ?

Thanks

up ? :)

do you think that going from a 3770k@4.6ghz to a 6700k(@4.6Ghz) will change something in CPU bound scenes ?

thanks

do you think that going from a 3770k@4.6ghz to a 6700k(@4.6Ghz) will change something in CPU bound scenes ?

Could be.. just as the change from quad 4GHz Core2 to the quad 4GHz i7 was a big change...unexpected but it was.  The 6700K brings DDR4 memory to the table with 3.3GHz available without OC. DDR4 is a significant step forward.

Dan Downs KCRP

From what i've seen or read,the Texture popping is happening on most peoples setups.

it is to do with LM optimizing the way textures are displayed.

I can turn down all my settings and still see it happening.seems the Max Lod only displays the sharpest textures 3-4 miles away from your aircraft.

So if you fly fast Aircraft the scenery cannot keep up.

steve