Sign in to follow this  
CathayA340

Blurry Ground Texture Problem

and the moral to this story is ... don't necessarily mess with the configure file!

I haven't touched mine and P3D runs superbly well

I leave it to the experts namely Mr L Martin :)

Maybe your setting was incorrect...what processor and do you have HT enabled?

Hi Peter;

i7 6700k HT on.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I leave it to the experts namely Mr L Martin :)

Respectfully, Mr. Martin's first name was Glenn.  Glenn L Martin, a legendary figure in aviation history.  Lockheed didn't exist, it is a re-spelling of Loughead and was the family name of two brothers.  The man that made Lockheed great was Kelly Johnson.  Men like Glenn and Kelly are giants among us mortals.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

So i'm having the same problem with my P3D and i'm running P3D V3.4 and when ever i'm flying the terrain below me goes all blurry and and i'm nor sure how to fix that problem so if anybody could help please reply to this thanks. There's a link down below where it shows the textures are blurry.

http://prntscr.com/dts7sv

I have the same issue since a couple of days, tried everything I found on the web no luck, the only think that worked fo me and I don't like it as it makes me loosing few FPS is limit the fps internally.

I hope someone could give a kind of solution.

Arslan Nouar

Oh the hell blurries are the worst thing in flight simming i fought them since the beginning...

I would try

[MAIN]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01

And cancel 
[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=10
(NO AM which cause blurry to me)

Also try
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=180
TextureMaxLoad=6
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=41 which you can set in sim

all together works like a charm for me,  i have I7 4790K (HT ON) / GTX 970
But these are the levers i use successfully since i used FSX... also when i had old AMD,,, 

good luck!!

ps: i think some tweak in CFG file worth it also in P3D V3

Tried it it unfortunately doesn't work, I have to lower the FPS limit to 30 ish.

Arslan Nouar

Good lord, 

Get rid of all that extra crap out of the prepar3D.cfg file.  The simple fix is this:  Save your current prepar3d.cfg by renameing it to PrePar3D.cfg.old , so you can go back to it is you like. 

start prepare 3d and let it create a new prepar3d.cfg file.   Close prepar3D. and go into notepad and change this line in the config file. 

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30

to

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=80-100

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30

I chose 100 and that solved all my "Blurries" issue. and you will enjoy your sim the way it was meant to be. :) you didn't list any system specs so that why the variable . 80 is a good start

I found that all that affinity mask stuff is really messes thing up if you don't have it set correctly. I do much better with the naked Perpar3d config with these settings.   set your sliders and preference where you like with no OOM's save it. as a profile and your done.   I fly resolution 4096 all the time now  without any Blurries, loss of FPS, or OOM's. 

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 2

Capt. Robert Rixx

I ll give it a shot later on today, thanks very much.

Arslan Nouar

Close prepar3D. and go into notepad and change this line in the config file. 
to
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30
I chose 100 and that solved all my "Blurries" issue. and you will enjoy your sim the way it was meant to be. :) you didn't list any system specs so that why the variable . 80 is a good start
I found that all that affinity mask stuff is really messes thing up if you don't have it set correctly. I do much better with the naked Perpar3d config with these settings.   set your sliders and preference where you like with no OOM's save it. as a profile and your done.   I fly resolution 4096 all the time now  without any Blurries, loss of FPS, or OOM's. 

Has this worked for anyone.  I have made the change but will test it tonight.  I'm quite recently gettin g very blurred textures.  My settings are all moderate in sim.  No other tweaks or potions.

I didnt have time to try last night unfortunately, I might give it a shot tonight after work if I have a chance.

Arslan Nouar

I am also seeing too much blurries, especially in mountainous area like ORBX Valdez scenery.I have tried many many settings (p3d.cfg untweaked and tweaked, AM active and inactive, NI, ...) no cure found. What drives me really nuts is the fact that scenery behind or sideways is beautiful crisp, only scenery in forward view is blurred. Unfortunately, I am flying forward, too bad ... 

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Make sure Windows power management is set to High Performance

and confirm max/min CPU state is 100%.

After you set it and are back at the desktop go back and check it.

My setup seemed to want to keep going back to Balanced.

Might be largely placebo effect but seems to have helped me a lot.

Also set video card to High Performance in card control panel of course.

Logically too the less frames you are putting out the more time the computer has to load textures.

So you would think frame limiting directly and/or Vsync would help.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Good lord, 

Get rid of all that extra crap out of the prepar3D.cfg file.  The simple fix is this:  Save your current prepar3d.cfg by renameing it to PrePar3D.cfg.old , so you can go back to it is you like. 

start prepare 3d and let it create a new prepar3d.cfg file.   Close prepar3D. and go into notepad and change this line in the config file. 

to

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30

Hope this helps.

Deleting my cfg and setting the TBM to 100 completely restored my crisp textures.  It's been so long since having to tweak the cfg, that I'd forgotten about this particular one.  My FPS are set to unlimited - setting them at 30 brought on obvious stuttering.  

Thanks FireRx for the reminder.