Sign in to follow this  
commandant avant

windows 10

Hello, I just change my hard disc and installed Windows 10. But when I reinstall my best airliners PMDG Boeing 737 and I run FSX, the simulator doesn't run, I have a black screen, and the activation is not done.

Is the Boeing run on windows 10 ? Thanks a lot for your friendly help and answer, best regards for all, Benoît

Well, there can be so many reasons for that... What I can tell you is that I am on Win 10 Anniversary since yesterday and fine running FSX:SE and PMDG 777 and NGX. Of course I upgraded from the previous version of Win 10 using the update process, and just had to manually edit the Nvidia Inspector profile because it was no longer compatible with the new drivers ...

Of course I am assuming you re-installed FSX after installing Win10. Right ? Are other aircraft working or does it only happen with PMDGs ?

Did you run the legacy simconnect installers that come with FSX:SE in one of the folders ( whose name I don't recall now... ) under the main FSX:SE folder ? Without that the PMDG activation will not run. 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hello José and thanks a lot for your quickly answer and help. I'll install this afternoon my Aerosoft Airbus Extended and I hope of course it'll run fine. You're right when you talk about about drivers or maybe windows 10 update, but I'm very disappointed, because the 737 PMDG is for me the best addon for FSX since 2011. So, I'll look for find another graphic driver and windows update, best regards, benoît.

Beware that the Aerosoft Airbus install will cause a font problem in Windows 10 !  Search their forums for the solutions...

When you install the Aerosoft AIrbus it uses a font which conflicts with one used by many apps in Win 10. They have a font installer available at the support forum.

Win 10 is very good to run the sims I run:

- FSX:SE

- Aerofly FS 2

- ELITE v8 and v9

- Aerowinx PSX

With FSX I am using only the PMDG 777, the A2A C172, 182 and Comanche as well as the Civil p51, and the Aerosoft Madeira airport scenery. For weather, of course, AS16 and ASCA :-)

I use TIR 5.

My system is an old i5 2500 @ 3,3 Ghz, with a Geeforce GTX 960 4 GB graphics card. Single ASUS Led monitor.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...