Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

I'm REALLY enjoying my new ESP Orbx Flight Simulator!

FTX Global

FTX Vector 1.4

FTX North America OpenLC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to state a few observations, since adding the Crown Jewel (N.A. OpenLC (complete))

I have quite frankly never seen the like, on a continent-wide scale, what Team Orbx/FTX  has managed to pull off.

This ain't the same sim...

I am in pause in flight taking a route from the mouth of the Sarnia River, in Lake St. Clair, and flying it up to Sarnia and the Blue Water Bridge.  The conbination of N.A. OpenLC and Vector 1.4 has transformed the landscape, river-scape, the shoreline...ebb and tide of the river meandering through the countryside of both the Michigan and Ontario...as truly 'virtual'.  I run this river all the time on my motorcycle, and know it very well. The river-run is very picturesque, especially for the hundreds of motorcycles that can be seen upon the Sarnia River Parkway each Saturday and Sunday!

Orbx, by N.A. OpenLC (complete) and Vector 1.40, has NAILED it true, and virtual.  I have never seen the like before since 1998.  Folks, virtual is in the mind of the beholder...and THIS beholder can not stop shaking his head from side to side, in disbelief.  Orbx has nailed it....hooray for 2016.  North America has been Orbx/Google'ized....and every square mile shows it!

Dang Orbx...THANK YOU...one H*LL of a product, this is!!!!   So as I said, back to my Orbx flight simulator...and happy flying all....Sarnia, Grand Bend, Sauble Beach, Tobermory, Manitoulin Island...all awaits.... :hi:  :Party:  :smile:  

Very nice report.  So what are the settings you are using in Vector?  Do you have Tertiary roads turned on?

No Mark..I have that whole section turned off, as well as wetlands and swamps.  Everything else is flagged on.

Vector has come of age.... :)

I have basicallyntHe same setup but have wetlands and swamps on. Is there a reason to turn it off?

I just flew from Sarnia to London, over Brantford and Dundas (an area I know very well) and then over to CYTZ. Nice flight, I could recognize roads,etc. Looks great.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

It's not only the US of A, but if one is interested, all of the other countries south, up to Nicaragua, that are now spectacular. I did a recent trip across Mexico and then up the Baja California. Maaan!!!

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I have basicallyntHe same setup but have wetlands and swamps on. Is there a reason to turn it off?

I just flew from Sarnia to London, over Brantford and Dundas (an area I know very well) and then over to CYTZ. Nice flight, I could recognize roads,etc. Looks great.

No true reason to have anything un-ticked, unless one doesn't think it will look good.  I have reconsidered, and now have everything turned on...all ticked.  Will be leaving it that way.  No loss of performance.  Orbx is batting home runs, since getting Migration to behave... :)

Enjoy Ontario! :)

It's not only the US of A, but if one is interested, all of the other countries south, up to Nicaragua, that are now spectacular. I did a recent trip across Mexico and then up the Baja California. Maaan!!!

Right..will start heading on over....but for right now..am having a blast with Michigan and Ontario...and the Sarnia River, is now dead on...  I wonder now, how much of Vector, how much of N.A. Open.  It's now like flying over the real deal....especially the Sarnia River delta, where it flows into Lake St. Clair!

Before, it was merely a graphical representation.  Now?....it's as though you are there...

Mark, start in Chatham, fly right up the Sarnia River Parkway, of which you will see Vector 1.40 creating it...then, once past the Blue Water Bridge, take a turn to the right, and follow the coastline up to Grand Bend...and beyond to Sauble Beach. Then...turn right once more...and head up to Tobermory, (do some diving at Fathom's Five Provincial Park)...and you might see the the 'Chich' making her way to or from Manitoulin Island.  Fly around the island...and then right over the Trans Canada highway, east towards the 'Big Nickel'...do a fly over...and then head down Hiway 69 to your home of Toronto.  

In Vector 1.40 with all elements active, as well of course with N.A. OpenLC complete...it is a fantastic visual enterprise. Every road, beach, coastline etc is there.  

Another big vote for OpenLC NA and Vector. I have stayed away from Vector becasue of the reports of stutters, but I downloaded it and with 1.4 I'm getting really solid performance. The latest NVIDA driver (368.81) seems to have elimitated stutters nearly entirely. I'm running Vector with everything on except marshes. I've got a strong CPU/GPU combination, but the whole package is really pretty amazing all the way around. Huge compliments to the ORBX team.

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

Another big vote for OpenLC NA and Vector. I have stayed away from Vector becasue of the reports of stutters, but I downloaded it and with 1.4 I'm getting really solid performance. The latest NVIDA driver (368.81) seems to have elimitated stutters nearly entirely. I'm running Vector with everything on except marshes. I've got a strong CPU/GPU combination, but the whole package is really pretty amazing all the way around. Huge compliments to the ORBX team.

I had marshes and wetlands also off..but thinking about it...if you fly over the coastlines (as I do...) of Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and southern Florida, I think I would be missing what Vector will draw....especially southern Florida!  So...everything is checked, in all sections, and still pumping at the top ceiling of my set 33 FPS in all the sims.   

I ran with UT...for it was the superior solution for vectoring...but no longer.  Orbx Vector 1.40 has matured, and if you have everything else as the Orbx Simulation 'Cloud'...it's a no brainer that you'd use their product to vector out North  America OpenLC and FTX Global. No brainer, lol!  It was a design consideration when they created North America OpenLC in the first place....and I think it shows.

Cheers,

Mitch (trying to stay alive over the Rockies in a wee plane....) with ASN trying to kick my butt...

I'm glad this is working for someone. I updated the FTX Central after loading openLC NA and get a blank screen. I can hear the airplane, but there is no picture. Didn't see anything over at ORBX so I'm at a loss.

Bill W

I'm glad this is working for someone. I updated the FTX Central after loading openLC NA and get a blank screen. I can hear the airplane, but there is no picture. Didn't see anything over at ORBX so I'm at a loss.

Bill W

Bill, what a bummer!  Let me understand this.  You updated the FTX central, and migrated?  You need to migrate for the new complete N.A.OpenLC to work.

You then did another forced migration and got all greens on the migration trouble shooter?

You then ran Central one more time and saw that the spinning orbs were updating your files to the scenery library, and syncing your products.  Right?

After all that, you only have a black blank screen with sound?   That also might be a driver issue...the same as some get a screen animation freeze but still sound runs. That has been identified as a thread-crash across CPU cores.  

If you still can't get all your ORBX happenings to work...please go to their website and sign in...state your woes...and you will get help from ORBX staff, as well as the community. You will need to place your order numbers for all the products you will seek help about, in your sig file...before you will get help. 

Good luck.  It all works...and works beautifully well. My screen grabs are all about it... :)

Na LC is AWESOME - as you've stated Brother   :dance:

Bill W

Try this delete all of the scenery index files in this folder and will take a bit for them to rebuild - give it some time - clear out your shaders also - cant hurt 

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SceneryIndexes

Rich Sennett

Bill, what a bummer!  Let me understand this.  You updated the FTX central, and migrated?  You need to migrate for the new complete N.A.OpenLC to work.

You then did another forced migration and got all greens on the migration trouble shooter?

You then ran Central one more time and saw that the spinning orbs were updating your files to the scenery library, and syncing your products.  Right?

After all that, you only have a black blank screen with sound?   That also might be a driver issue...the same as some get a screen animation freeze but still sound runs. That has been identified as a thread-crash across CPU cores.  

If you still can't get all your ORBX happenings to work...please go to their website and sign in...state your woes...and you will get help from ORBX staff, as well as the community. You will need to place your order numbers for all the products you will seek help about, in your sig file...before you will get help. 

Good luck.  It all works...and works beautifully well. My screen grabs are all about it... :)

Thanks for your suggestions. You are always very helpful. I will go back and look for all of these and explore the driver as well.

Bill W.,

Thanks for your suggestions. You are always very helpful. I will go back and look for all of these and explore the driver as well.

Bill W.,

You are welcome.   I suggest also, that you give Richard''s suggestion a go.  Many problems have been solved by allowing those files to regenerate.

Nothing worked so I made the ultimate mistake and tried a repair. Now FSX is dead in the water. Oh well, I guess it was time to get rid of the bloat anyway. Thanks again to everyone for your help. I'm not so sure the new ORBX package had anything to do with it.

Bill W