Sign in to follow this  
Jetairfly737

Pmdg 737 ngx flight time

Hello avsim-users,

Today I was flying a flight from Brussels To Ibiza in the pmdg 737 ngx of Jetairfly. I watched the progress page: flight time 2h00, then I watched jetairfly.com: flight time 2h45. How can I get a real flight time?

Regards, 

Jetairfly737

One appears to be off a few minutes.  I would use the PMDG.  Why would you be concerned about flight time in a simulator? 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

There are many factors which can affect the flight time. Were the weather conditions exactly the same, was the aircraft carrying exactly the same payload, was the routing exactly the same? A 45 min difference isn't huge taking into account these factors.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

As Tom said, weather and routings make a big difference and the airline scheduled time is often much greater than the actual 'en route' time to allow for longer routings, weather, taxi delays etc.

Also bear in mind that FSX can be slightly screwy when it comes to time. A minute in real life isn't always exactly one minute in the sim, plus there are a ton of issues around time zones and daylight saving times around the globe. It's really no big deal. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

The problem can be that they are flying at a very low cruising speed for a 737-800/737-700: 820 km/h (slower then ryanair) (mach 0.67!!!). I will try to fly with this speed next time... I was flying at mach 0.78. Another factor is that my approaches and descents are calculated by myself, I don't use ATC. (I normally chose the chortest star and a chort approach... + I was flying with the wind...

There are many factors which can affect the flight time. Were the weather conditions exactly the same, was the aircraft carrying exactly the same payload, was the routing exactly the same? A 45 min difference isn't huge taking into account these factors.

I was flying with the wind but with fully loaded payload :)

I wonder if frame rates would in any way affect the the relationship to real time.

Vic green

Airlines tend to stretch out their schedules to take into account various delays pre departure (taxiing, late PAX, small tech faults, ATC, enroute holding) so that fewer flights arrive late.

if everything goes perfectly (as it often does in FS), you arrive early. Happens in real life too, albeit very rarely

Rashid Yacine