Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Flight 1 ATR FSX SE

I have successfully installed the Flight 1 ATR in the FSX SE environment.  There is a little delay when loading, and sometimes the sound cuts out or gets a little choppy for a brief moment, but other than that it works EXCEPT when you end the flight or try to exit FSX SE Alt F4.  It seems to hang FSX SE at that point. The sound will get choppy and then FSX SE goes out to never-never land.

Anyone have any ideas on a fix to this?  I know this A/C isn't supposed to be compatible, but it does seem to work except for this issue

Thanks!

I do not see anywhere on the product page where it is compatible with FSX-SE.  When you install products into incompatible programs, you take the risk of it not working properly.  Perhaps one day Flight1 will upgrade it to make it fully compatible.  You are now asking our membership to tell you how to install it into an incompatible product.  The product was actually made for FS9 and then upgraded to work with FSX (I suspect changing the textures, the model, and aircraft.cfg).  I would fly your other aircraft in your hangar and hopefully Flight1 will be gracious and update the product for compatibility with FSX-SE and P3D.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

@Skyseek

The development team for the Flight1 ATR have long gone their separate ways, and the aircraft will not be updated.

It was first released nearly 14 years ago for FS9, and then 'patched' to work with FSX.

A number of issues have never been fixed...the FMS will often crash when selecting Page2 of VNAV, the cockpit windows become opaque in the rain unless you replace the fsx rain textures.  

The sound issues are actually a symptom of a much deeper problem...the gauge.dll  seems to have a memory problem - which hangs FSX when you try to exit.

I have spend 'years' trying to find a solution, but have now come to accept that at the end of most ATR flights I will have to restart FSX. 

It is still the most accurate representation of the ATR 500 series available today, so in my opinion it is worth the pain.

(The X-Plane and virtualcol versions can be described as 'Lite' at best)

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

Other than the sound issue, and rebooting the machine after you exit FSX SE... does the A/C fly normally without any issues?

I am hoping someone can maybe reverse engineer the gauge.dll file and maybe fix it...

Thanks

Too bad the team is not together to create a new version, and a -600 would be nice too. It was a great sim for fs9 days but the night lighting always bothered me.