Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Orbx Vector 1.40...great performance!

Well, I have spent way more time than I should have this morning, flying my both P3D's and FSX (DX10 FIxer)

I had the entire Tertiary Roads turned off, and was getting my pegged 32 FPS everywhere.

Thought to turn it on...with only wetlands/swamps turned off in Vector.

Glad to report that there is not one drop in FPS performance with Vector flat out running (except wetlands/swamps)...so I will keep it fully on.

That is across both my P3D's and FSX.

Just thought to post that...and that you might want to open Vector full up...and see how your performance is.

I have my FPS set to 32 in all my sims...and am maintaining that, regardless of Tertiary Roads Section on, or off.  It looks way better with this section on.  Fills out more barren sections.

Post Edit:  BTW, the best water depiction of any sim...is STILL FSX, with Steve's DX10 FIxer settings under DX10.  Hand's down...color, wave action, wave direction truly driven by wind direction...white caps..all of it. In an FSX flight right now...and Steve's DX10 Fixer water settings (wave action...by wind) blows anything away...nothing even comes close.  I will never unload FSX...nope.

Ses

• Upvote 1

Glad to report that there is not one drop in FPS performance with Vector flat out running (except wetlands/swamps)...so I will keep it fully on.

That is across both my P3D's and FSX.

Just thought to post that...and that you might want to open Vector full up...and see how your performance is.

Running P3D v3.2 and all I can say is that I have FTX Vector full up (including all worldwide pools, tennis courts, ballparks, race courses, restaurants, LOL!!!, and also swamps and marshes) and no single FPS drop/gain if I change all or just part of that, so I'll continue with all settings up.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Running P3D v3.2 and all I can say is that I have FTX Vector full up (including all worldwide pools, tennis courts, ballparks, race courses, restaurants, LOL!!!, and also swamps and marshes) and no single FPS drop/gain if I change all or just part of that, so I'll continue with all settings up.

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed, other than swamps...who needs alligators crossing my roads, lol....other than that...yep..no FPS drop. I also have road traffic now at 30 percent, on the vector roads..for this really does give the volume in southern Michigan.  I had it at 20-25 for UTX...but 30 is very realistic for sure.  Again..no FPS drop.

No stutters...smooth animation, both in P3D v2/3 and FSX DX10

I'm having a blast...and have settled in for around 1,800 to 2,800 AGL for most of my flight post-N.A. OpenLC complete.   There is so much great detail..EVERYWHERE you pan, or view from the cockpit.  Orbx...man...N.A. Open LC complete---this truly is the Crown Jewel....thank goodness they only RTM'ed it, when THEY were satisfied....cause Ed....BOY...I sure am!

Mitch

Post Edit: Ed...I just ended my flight...and am going to go through all my three Vector's...and just turn everything on...leave it all on...no reason performance-wise not to....if there should be wetlands...and swamps, like in Georgia, Mississippi, etc...let them be there...:))))))))  :hi:

I didn't buy vector because i fear my i5 2500 won't run it smooth also with Global, which i have installed, but your post makes me think about it...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hi Ed, other than swamps...who needs alligators crossing my roads, lol....other than that...yep..no FPS drop. I also have road traffic now at 30 percent, on the vector roads..for this really does give the volume in southern Michigan. I had it at 20-25 for UTX...but 30 is very realistic for sure. Again..no FPS drop.

No stutters...smooth animation, both in P3D v2/3 and FSX DX10

Hi, Mitch. I have my road traffic set at 15%, but I'll try to move that slider up a bit to see if there's any impact. And yeap, forgot to mention that I also have checked out the world zoo's, bike roads and the Rio Olympic Games too!, LOL!

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi, Mitch. I have my road traffic set at 15%, but I'll try to move that slider up a bit to see if there's any impact. And yeap, forgot to mention that I also have checked out the world zoo's, bike roads and the Rio Olympic Games too!, LOL!

Cheers, Ed

I don't think you will see any impact, Ed.  Try 30 for around the Great Lakes states...works really well for the immersion quotient.

I just flew a flight around the Carib.....and oh my....oh my....

I hope they bring this quality and 1,000 percent immersion to all our other AVSIM friends, that don't happen to call the North American continent, home.  This must be killing them....:(

I did a flight yesterday from KPNS to KTPA (Fly-Tampa) on the Shrike AC500S and the scenery views were simply amazing. You have to do the ILS approach onto KTPA RWY 01L to see how perfect this airport scenery blends with the rest of the surroundings. Well done by ORBX with openLC NA!. South America LC will come sometime hopefully soon!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

I did a flight yesterday from KPNS to KTPA (Fly-Tampa) on the Shrike AC500S and the scenery views were simply amazing. You have to do the ILS approach onto KTPA RWY 01L to see how perfect this airport scenery blends with the rest of the surroundings. Well done by ORBX with openLC NA!. South America LC will come sometime hopefully soon!.

Cheers, Ed

I'll take your recommendation, and try that tonight...:)   Thanks for the head's up.

Welcome!

Cheers, Ed

Depending on where I fly, I can turn on *all* the roads in FTX Vector with great performance... since half of them are missing. Seriously, default has more roads in western Canada then FTX Vector does. It does water bodies good enough, but not roads, at least, not where I live. I first posted about this on the FTX forums, using screenshots of one of the FTXG airports I built, where default (and UTX) has the paved road leading to the airport, and FTX Vector doesn't have a road within 10 miles of the airport.

So, at the moment, I simply deactivate it all when I'm flying in Canada (and not in a FTX region), using UTX v2 instead. I then reactivate it if I'm flying anywhere else in the world (which seems to have much better road coverage).

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I didn't buy vector because i fear my i5 2500 won't run it smooth also with Global, which i have installed, but your post makes me think about it...

I have the Same chip with global vector and lc. Runs smooth a silk with A2A Comanche.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thx for the additional info Mark!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

You hit the nail in the head with FTX Textures, Vectors 1.4, and LC NA & it's new lighting. What ORBX envisioned is now coming to fruition.

I'll add that the combination of AS16/ASCA & REX 4 textures have transformed my simming experience.

I am now living in sim heaven.  :dance:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hey Mitch,

My FSX results are completely opposite relative to performance  and have turned Global Vector 1.4 off.  My VAS drops 300 to 400 mb plus frame rates are much  lower everywhere with it turned on.  I flew into the default KBOS from KPHL this morning and my VAS was 289 landing with frames at 15, which is unacceptable. Without GV 1.4 my VAS and frame rates on the same flight were 29 and 885 VAS.  I have no idea why the difference between your rig and mine except settings and HP. Is there a magic config setting I'm missing in FSX or the FTX Vector config?  Right now I'm using UTX with only  roads and railroads checked  with  Open LC NA  which is excellent. 

Settings - UT2 60%

Scenery complexity - very dense

Autogen - dense

Water effects - Low 2x

Texture resolution 7cm

Mesh resolution 10m

Frame Rate locked at 30

FS Genesis USA mesh

ASN networked on client

Hyper Threading turned off in Bios.

Win 10 Pro

Nvidia GSX 1070 

I7 Core 6700 @ 4.1 

FSX Deluxe w/accel

Hey Mitch,

My FSX results are completely opposite relative to performance  and have turned Global Vector 1.4 off.  My VAS drops 300 to 400 mb plus frame rates are much  lower everywhere with it turned on.  I flew into the default KBOS from KPHL this morning and my VAS was 289 landing with frames at 15, which is unacceptable. Without GV 1.4 my VAS and frame rates on the same flight were 29 and 885 VAS.  I have no idea why the difference between your rig and mine except settings and HP. Is there a magic config setting I'm missing in FSX or the FTX Vector config?  Right now I'm using UTX with only  roads and railroads checked  with  Open LC NA  which is excellent. 

Settings - UT2 60%

Scenery complexity - very dense

Autogen - dense

Water effects - Low 2x

Texture resolution 7cm

Mesh resolution 10m

Frame Rate locked at 30

FS Genesis USA mesh

ASN networked on client

Hyper Threading turned off in Bios.

Win 10 Pro

Nvidia GSX 1070 

I7 Core 6700 @ 4.1 

FSX Deluxe w/accel

Hi Bob!

I'd try defragging your whole computer.   I have O &O Defrag v19 and have it set to do a defrag each and every time, after my BIOS post, and before W10 Pro boots in.  I believe in this strongly, as your system CPU cycles/Read head doesn't have to go over all your disk real estate to load in textures on the fly.  I don't have any true tweaks in P3D, as I have pretty much left the .cfg alone.  For FSX, though, I have a ton of them, but...they are specific settings and figures to my i7-975 Extreme and my 12 GB's of system memory, which I run through the BIOS, as hot settings.

Bob, if you wish, I'd be happy to share any of my .cfg files with you...just PM me...and I'll post them to your PM message.  Just remember though...that most custom in-house .cfg settings and tweaks are there because of a user's system config's...and can't guarantee that you will mimic their results on screen....that's always in play.

On both my P3D's  v2 and v3, as well as my FSX DX10 Steve's Fixer latest version, I have the sims FPS locked for 33 FPS, and get in 99 percent of all rendering, 32.7-9 FPS.  Clear graphics, gorgeous graphics with no blurs...no VAS CTD's...can fly for hours, and have, but 99 percent of ALL my flying is with G.A. Carenado, or in-sim stuff. I don't fly study-level Big Iron, unless I do that in FS9..of which I have a few...and FPS generation is never even qualified.

2016_8_5_22_17_53_645.png

2016_8_5_22_18_39_542.png

2016_8_5_22_19_19_645.png

2016_8_5_22_19_41_581.png

2016_8_5_22_26_57_637.png

2016_8_5_22_30_17_604.png

2016_8_5_22_57_11_44.png

The following shots, Bob, is the Sarnia River, bordering Michigan and the province of Ontario, with Vector features full checked, and as you can see a sky-full of heavy clouds. The one shot of the ship..has just passed under the Blue Water Bridge heading out from the river, to Lake Huron.....an hour after Dawn broke....

Bob..I was a EXCLUSIVE UTX and UT user for all my sims.  I have to tell you...I have never had a meandering and gorgeous river shore line using UT and FTX Global.  I was a very 'open' critical  thumb's down for Vector, for a number of reason when it was at v1.20, of which I totally dumped it.  With installing N.A. OpenLC 'complete', I thought to try it once more at its present v1.40 ...and have not looked back. It is so much better in blending in...and adding to the total package of the Orbx 'Layer' presentation that UT is.  It is now seamless...and the roads truly are into the scenery, rather than blatantly pasted upon it.  Don't get me wrong here...I love UT(and x), and think the products are stellar...but NOT for usage (in my personal opinion) now with Global/OpenLC running the show.  That's just my opinion, but what drives my system usage and visual satisfaction.  

One of my most appreciative usages of UT, was in the product covering the Caribbean.  That is a very important destination for myself...as I love to fly over and land on water, as a lot of my uploads support...but OpenLC complete and Vector 1.40 now blows me away...for I feel it is real...looks, real...and if it were a slice of pie...would taste real to me... :)

I hope you can get your stuff together, which will allow you to also run Vector 1.40 with the same results you do with using UT.  Again, I see it now as so much better to bring out the total look with all the Orbx layers kissing each other in the bedroom, lol.

Mitch

2016_8_6_6_57_33_810.png

2016_8_6_7_0_19_918.png

2016_8_6_7_0_27_938.png

2016_8_6_7_1_40_461.png

2016_8_6_7_5_5_457.png