Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Orbx Vector 1.40...great performance!

You hit the nail in the head with FTX Textures, Vectors 1.4, and LC NA & it's new lighting. What ORBX envisioned is now coming to fruition.

I'll add that the combination of AS16/ASCA & REX 4 textures have transformed my simming experience.

I am now living in sim heaven.  :dance:

I can now say the same, DJ.   Both of us are on the same page....

The world, (at least in North America) looks real...truly looks like Google Earth, as much as Orbx could push the technology...and there won't be too many flights now...above 3,500 feet, unless forced to for weather avoidance.  I still am running with ASN and REX 4 Direct.  My neck has cramps from my being unable to keep it moving left and right...as I fly...with ticking sounds coming from my tongue.  I have to get past this...but haven't been able to, since installing the full N.A. when it was released.... :hi:

Hey MItch,

Thank you for the detailed reply, the offer to send your config file and sharing those spectacular pics!

I think I figured it out as it was a combination of FTX NASCA sucking the VAS out of the world  and a very old add on airport. I re-installed SoCal which helped and removed the add on airport  which seems to have done the trick. I tend to fly tube liners and complex GA  planes, all my GA aircraft have at least one GTN 750. I hate 'tinkering' with frame rate and VAS, I would rather fly :), but the OOM error forced me to take a look. Thank you again,  I always enjoy reading your posts!

Bob..:)

Hi Bob!

I'd try defragging your whole computer.   I have O &O Defrag v19 and have it set to do a defrag each and every time, after my BIOS post, and before W10 Pro boots in.  I believe in this strongly, as your system CPU cycles/Read head doesn't have to go over all your disk real estate to load in textures on the fly.  I don't have any true tweaks in P3D, as I have pretty much left the .cfg alone.  For FSX, though, I have a ton of them, but...they are specific settings and figures to my i7-975 Extreme and my 12 GB's of system memory, which I run through the BIOS, as hot settings.

Bob, if you wish, I'd be happy to share any of my .cfg files with you...just PM me...and I'll post them to your PM message.  Just remember though...that most custom in-house .cfg settings and tweaks are there because of a user's system config's...and can't guarantee that you will mimic their results on screen....that's always in play.

On both my P3D's  v2 and v3, as well as my FSX DX10 Steve's Fixer latest version, I have the sims FPS locked for 33 FPS, and get in 99 percent of all rendering, 32.7-9 FPS.  Clear graphics, gorgeous graphics with no blurs...no VAS CTD's...can fly for hours, and have, but 99 percent of ALL my flying is with G.A. Carenado, or in-sim stuff. I don't fly study-level Big Iron, unless I do that in FS9..of which I have a few...and FPS generation is never even qualified.

2016_8_5_22_19_19_645.png

2016_8_5_22_19_41_581.png

2016_8_5_22_26_57_637.png

2016_8_5_22_30_17_604.png

2016_8_5_22_57_11_44.png

The following shots, Bob, is the Sarnia River, bordering Michigan and the province of Ontario, with Vector features full checked, and as you can see a sky-full of heavy clouds. The one shot of the ship..has just passed under the Blue Water Bridge heading out from the river, to Lake Huron.....an hour after Dawn broke....

Bob..I was a EXCLUSIVE UTX and UT user for all my sims.  I have to tell you...I have never had a meandering and gorgeous river shore line using UT and FTX Global.  I was a very 'open' critical  thumb's down for Vector, for a number of reason when it was at v1.20, of which I totally dumped it.  With installing N.A. OpenLC 'complete', I thought to try it once more at its present v1.40 ...and have not looked back. It is so much better in blending in...and adding to the total package of the Orbx 'Layer' presentation that UT is.  It is now seamless...and the roads truly are into the scenery, rather than blatantly pasted upon it.  Don't get me wrong here...I love UT(and x), and think the products are stellar...but NOT for usage (in my personal opinion) now with Global/OpenLC running the show.  That's just my opinion, but what drives my system usage and visual satisfaction.  

One of my most appreciative usages of UT, was in the product covering the Caribbean.  That is a very important destination for myself...as I love to fly over and land on water, as a lot of my uploads support...but OpenLC complete and Vector 1.40 now blows me away...for I feel it is real...looks, real...and if it were a slice of pie...would taste real to me... :)

I hope you can get your stuff together, which will allow you to also run Vector 1.40 with the same results you do with using UT.  Again, I see it now as so much better to bring out the total look with all the Orbx layers kissing each other in the bedroom, lol.

Mitch

2016_8_6_6_57_33_810.png

2016_8_6_7_0_19_918.png

2016_8_6_7_0_27_938.png

2016_8_6_7_1_40_461.png

2016_8_6_7_5_5_457.png

Very nice screenies, Mitch. I have to agree with you, Global, Vector, and Open LC NA, are the simmers dream combination. I made a successful jump through the unified lclookup hoops of Hades, and am now enjoying the work of art that has been created by the Orbx team. Shorelines, that look like shorelines, and not the lines of a kindergarten colouring book. Townships that resemble their real world counterparts. And highway lighting that puts P3D over the top. Heaven in a simmers world.

Jazz

Very nice screenies, Mitch. I have to agree with you, Global, Vector, and Open LC NA, are the simmers dream combination. I made a successful jump through the unified lclookup hoops of Hades, and am now enjoying the work of art that has been created by the Orbx team. Shorelines, that look like shorelines, and not the lines of a kindergarten colouring book. Townships that resemble their real world counterparts. And highway lighting that puts P3D over the top. Heaven in a simmers world.

Jazz

Totally agree! :hi:

Ditto. Also, I've downloaded the latest NVIDIA 368.81 driver and it has been remarkably smooth for me. With that and what ORBX has become I literally want to fly the sim all the time. Absolutely fantastic stuff.

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

I agree with most of you, everything runs smoothly on my system when flying GA, but as soon as you fly tubeliners like PMDG 737/777 or Aerosoft Airbus, things start to get slow. :(

Even with settings turned down.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU