Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

Mayday Mayday request Vector advisery!

Several weeks ago I installed FSX Steam. With all the addons these days a reinstall is like putting an engine back together after tearing it apart. One of the last things I did was reinstall my FTX Globel which worked fine but then Vector. With Steam I could not get the Vector configuration tool to come up so I could not run the airport elevation correction tool. With all the addon airports I have, boy did it screw up my sim. In frustration I did an uninstall,reinstall of FSX Steam again which takes days.

After buying the North American land class I wish I could use my FTX Vector but I fear a repeat of the last fiery trial would lead me to desperation. Is there a way to install Vector into steam and have the configuration tool work?

Vic green

Come on now, I know there are a lot of smart Joe's on this forum. If you are using FTX Vector with steam how did you successfully install it?

Vic green

Several weeks ago I installed FSX Steam. With all the addons these days a reinstall is like putting an engine back together after tearing it apart. One of the last things I did was reinstall my FTX Globel which worked fine but then Vector. With Steam I could not get the Vector configuration tool to come up so I could not run the airport elevation correction tool. With all the addon airports I have, boy did it screw up my sim. In frustration I did an uninstall,reinstall of FSX Steam again which takes days.

After buying the North American land class I wish I could use my FTX Vector but I fear a repeat of the last fiery trial would lead me to desperation. Is there a way to install Vector into steam and have the configuration tool work?

Vector installs just fine into FSX Steam.  Have you updated to the latest FTX Central?  The vector tool is now embedded into that program.  

Matt King

Thanks. Maybe I'll stick my neck out and try.

Vic green

Well, I took the plunge and reinstalled vector. Every thing vector shows up in my scenery library. I run FTX Central, find the vector configuration tool, but I try to run it I get the following block: No installed simulator was found on your system. FTX vector configuarator will now close.   Strange because Vector installed fine into the sim. Got to find a way to run the elevation correction tool though. All the files are where they should be but the tool just wont run.

Vic green

BY research I solved this with the FTX Registry fix. Thanks KingM 56 for giving me the motivation to keep trying. For those who knew the answer and didn't reply, long life and God bless to you as well. You knew if you told me you would deprive me of that deep sense of satisfaction that comes from self reliance. You are of that kindred pioneer spirit that made America once great and are surly good conservative voters.

Vic green