Sign in to follow this  
alfamike

McDonnell Douglas MD-11 & MD-11F project by A.T.S.

Hello everyone,

the A.T.S. team is proudly to announce our next project for X-Plane: the McDonnell Douglas MD-11 & MD-11F.
First of all let us say that we understand very well your concerns and doubts about a new project declaration when our first and actual project about the MD-82/83 is still to hit the market, so why we're doing so?
Because the graphical part of the MD-82/83 is 99.9% complete: of course we keep that 0.1% for last minute fixes (if needed) resulting from the beta test phase and further upgrades, but there's absolutely no reasons to keep an excellent graphical artist doing nothing while I'm developing and testing the final pieces of code... looking at previous posted images all of you are now aware about the graphical level we want to achieve, and looking at the declaration date of the MD-82/83 project (April 2013) you can imagine how much time and effort is needed to reach that level.
Other than that, for this new project we’re going to have a new resource for the art department and if things goes well we’ll have even a new resource that will help me with the code. 
Absolutely no time and no development efforts are, has been or will be taken away from the MD-82/83 project: MD82/83 has 100% of our time, now and mainly after we'll hit the market, so totally no worries about something such less support and/or loss of interest because a new project... for all of you should be now crystal clear that we at A.T.S. are not interested to hit the market as soon as possible with unsatisfactory products, our priority is to develop study level products and giving 100% support to our customers.
Back to the MD-11, we already retrieved a good amount of official documentation and we're in touch with some active and retired MD-11 pilots that are interested to collaborate with us, so this is something whose foundations were already started not something that will start from now on... obviously there're no images to show right now and Parsec will need some time before to show something, but in this very moment we believe it's important to let all of you aware of what we'll create right after, and somewhat alongside, the MD-82/83.
Thank you for your kind attention.
Best regards

The A.T.S. team.

• Upvote 4

Our web site: http://ats-simulations.com/

Our MD-82/83 Project Youtube channel: A.T.S. Aircraft Training Solutions

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

Thank you. That is very good news and I shall be waiting for the finish with anticipated enthusiasm.

Another developer has actively refused to enhance their existing MD-11 and taking no notice at all of the demand, so I feel that this news, like me, will really make their day. I can assure you that others have actively demanded a new version and I have since moved on to X Plane 10 and given the P3D the boot.

Dave Taylor gb.png

This would be a very welcome addition! Just like Dave above, I find the lack of willingness by that other developer to improve the existing MD-11, disturbing! ;-)

The best of luck to you guys, the MD-11 is an amazing aircraft! Can't wait!

cheers

-E

• Upvote 2

Enrique Vaamonde

The best of luck to you guys, the MD-11 is an amazing aircraft! Can't wait!

cheers

-E

I can Enrique. lol

Dave Taylor gb.png

Thank you. That is very good news and I shall be waiting for the finish with anticipated enthusiasm.

Another developer has actively refused to enhance their existing MD-11 and taking no notice at all of the demand, so I feel that this news, like me, will really make their day. I can assure you that others have actively demanded a new version and I have since moved on to X Plane 10 and given the P3D the boot.

+++1. Having just bought XP10 but not yet used it. this is just the incentive. Great news A.T.S.

+++1. Having just bought XP10 but not yet used it. this is just the incentive. Great news A.T.S.

Rick, I did 2 weeks ago and It's all I have been using ever since. It's so much more realistic and the default scenery, traffic and AI has no effect on FPS whatsoever! The 64bit is so much better.

I think XP is the future as they are continuing to develop it.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Great project and aircraft. Have a good luck guys! Amazing aircraft.

I'll waiting for it.

• Upvote 1

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

A.T.S team - Thank you very much in advance !! I know. At this point it's just a very, very small light at the end of the tunnel, but I have hope!!! I love MD-11!!

Now I eagerly await your MD-82/83!!  :smile:

Just found this topic and.... you make me so happy :)))

I spent lot of virtual flight hours on the PMDG MD-11 who is still a great addon to flight but not up to date... and with less compatibility with new gen Sim like P3D...

I'm looking after your project of MD-11 carefully and if your MD-82/83 is a success and meet my expectations I'll be a proud pilote of your MD-11 :))

It's maybe a bit early to ask this so have you in mind to propose up to date MD-11 like the one we can see today at FEDEX with EVS?? (I don't know if x-plane allowing this to be modeled...)

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Sorry but actually I've no idea on what EVS is... I know that it's really too early to talk about future implemented systems but can you please elaborate on this?

Video development preview created by Thomas Rasmussen: Aircraft Training Solutions (A.T.S.) MD-82 for X-Plane 10 - Preview

The linked document is not available (even doing a search with google) but watching the demo I understood what you mean, actually I can't really say if it will be implemented or not but I'll check for it when I'll begin to study the systems to simulate.

If one considers the overall disappointment with PMDG's decision not to further their MD-11 project, this release could be more awaited than the second coming of *******. Thanks for taking it on!

Best regards,

Christian Kelter

Best regards,

Christian Kelter