Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Best times to see lots of traffic at major airports?

Are there common times where parked airport traffic is most prolific?

If so, what times are they and do these times universal apply in all time zones at all airports?

Are you running AI traffic - like World of AI? If so, then they run real time schedules. You can look up airport arrivals and departures on a website like  flightaware - just search flights by the ICAO. Typically 7-8am and around 5-6pm can be good times at your average large airports.

Yep, most add-on AI traffic programs will have scheduled flights, so you really need to look at the schedule for your desired airport.  As for time zones, UT2 schedules reflect the time zone of the specific airport.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hubs: Early mornings, noon and early evenings.

Spokes: Complimentary.

Can you give exact times? Early morning to me is 2am.

Most major airports should have the most AI on the ground getting ready for morning flights around 7:30AM or maybe

8:00AM.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

CYYZ, a major international hub, has heavy international traffic from 2:30pm to 7:00pm (wide bodies). Regional traffic, Q400's - E170's - CRJ's, in the morning from 7:00am to 10:30am with scattered international traffic.

Intel I7 6700k @ 4ghz, nVidia 3070ti 8gb, 16 gb ddr4 @ 1066mhz,  500 ssd, 2tb hdd, 2tb ssd, ASUS z170-E mb, Samsung 24" @ 1920x1080, P3D 5.4, MSFS

Can you give exact times? Early morning to me is 2am.

Exact times vary with airport curfews and hub size, but from real world observations at TXL: 6 am to 9 am, 11 am to 1 pm, 7 pm to 10 pm.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

If you use realistic traffic addons just open Flightaware or Flightradar to see the departure schedules of the airports you are interested in. There is no one specific time everywhere, countries in the Middle East operate more at night due to the heat. Flights in Europe depart mornings and mid-day to Asia and America and from America the afternoons back. Some airports have curfew from 11pm-6 or 7am. It all depends what traffic addons you have if they use real schedules or not, and what airports. Such a weird question by the OP.