Sign in to follow this  
Manny

EZDok Install F1 does not have the 1.5V - Elaine

I checked your how to for EZDok noticed that F1 does not have the v1.15. They only have the 1.18.7 How does this change your tutorial?

I installed this and ran the config ...Hmmm now I am not sure if I did right or not cause when I loaded P3D I do not see the EZDOK

Hmmm...

at F1 website

\Version 1.18.7. This version has all updates included. No additional updates require

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

. They only have the 1.18.7 How does this change your tutorial?

I think you were reading the wrong One,  This Tutorial is for EZdok 1.18.7 "The Current Version"    http://www.avsim.com/topic/484546-how-do-i-install-ezdok-camera-prepar3d-v3/

I will have to get the old Tutorial Blocked

.Hmmm now I am not sure if I did right or not cause when I loaded P3D I do not see the EZDOK

Manny,  when you Installed EZdok did you Install to the Default Install Location  Program Files (86) ?   Or did you choose to Install somewhere else ? 

The EZdok Configuator by Default will Install a Pathway in your exe.xml file to Program Files (86).  If you have Installed EZdok anywhere else but here you will have to Manually modify this.  

1 Right Click on exe.xml,  Down to Open With,  Click into Notepad.   2 In here you can check and make sure there is a Launch EZdok Entry,  Between the Blue Lines,  You can also Modify this if you need to.   As you can see MY path is  Program Files (86)\EZCA\ezca.exe.  

I have Over layed 2 pictures of where MY  EZCA  folder is Installed to show you the relevance of where you Installed to how your Path is Defined 

Please Note: If you are going to Modify your Path in the exe.xml file,  you need to make sure you type the exact spelling and exact spaces.  If you are even 1 digit out,   EZdok will Not Launch

Click the picture,  Follow the numbers and read the Tex 

25181437100_f5d7cf3e9c_o.png

Check this out first and come back to me 

Ah ok..that explains it..cause I did install this on my previous PC a month ago and I do not remember all the stuff in the previous instructions.

And no I did not install in the default c folder.. I installed it in G: drive.

Let me do what you mention..

Thx

Manny

And no I did not install in the default c folder.. I installed it in G: drive.

Ok great,  That's more then likely your problem,  Carefully Modify your path Insure the exact spelling of your G Install Location.

Also.........

Insure you are running Prepar3d and Ezdok as administrator

Yup I did that and now when Loaded P3D I see the EZDOK.. :)

Now let me do the detailed work of removing the key assignment etc..thanks Elaine. :)

Manny

within slew my hatswitch works fine. its perfect..but under normal time, when I touch the hat switch it resets itself and then it moves... its not continuous. 

Say I move it to the side and then up, when I hit the up side of the hat switch it resets itself to be behind the aircraft(spot view) and then moves up. It ignores my  previous position.

Manny

It's really weird! 

I solved my hat switch issue:

Since my hat switch was working fine in slew mode.. I checked to see how my hat swtich was assigned in slew and noticed that the hat witch was indeed assigned to view-Pan in slew mode

So I assigned the same in settings controls. in Normal.

I was under the impression that I am not to assign the hat switch in settings-controls!

NOTE: when de-assigning keyboard keys like A, S, D shift-A, shift-S, Shift D etc, do not deassign the hat switch. 

I'd be darned.

Manny

Elaine,

Have you ...or any one ...ever compared the performance hit (frame rate) of OpusFSI(with weather turned off) VS EZ-Dok?

Thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Hello Chase,  I have Opus but i rarely use it,  I'm very comfortable with EZdok