Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

More blurries with addon landclass

Am I the onlu one to notice that?I noticed I get more blurries when using FSGenesis Lanclass for USA or free landclasses like Quebec or Nova Scotia?Maybe it's because one layer on top of the original and some time for the sim to determine which one to show?Can you please share your experience on this matter.ThanksGhiom

The risk with most add on landclasses is you increase the variety (the number of different types of textures) over a given area vs. the default Landclass. If you fly over default Landclass in areas like the midwest or African desert, quite often the same small set of textures is used to cover an area in the thousands of square miles and you can even see a pattern emerge. With add-on Landclass, you can have many times more different texture types used to cover the area. A greater variety of textures equals greater load on the graphics card which means the possibility of more blurries. The best way to reduce this issue is to reduce your draw distance and, if needed, your vis to reduce the number of drawn textures displayed. Hope this helps clarify things a tad..-John

ThanksYes, it makes sense to meI think I am already flying with the min visible distanceso now the choice is eye-candy of performance since there's no 100% efficient workaround that I know about blurries.Thanks for sharing ideas.

WHAT THE ........???hey, wait a minute. I was under the impression (and still am) that MSFS team members are not allowed to post and ANY public forums, at ANY time.I have heard that once in a blue moon they might sneak in a comment or two under a false name, but this???Maybe its me, but I think this is a first, am I wrong here?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K