Sign in to follow this  
VH_JLC

Landing lights on clouds

Exactly.

Here are 2 pics from Yesterday. MMTO-MMPS. Nasty weather + wind-shear galore  AS16.

My plane was tossed around like a kite.

This was NOT the ideal airplane for this mission, probably should have returned to base and

change to the 350i.

Using Shockwave narrow Xenon LL as Taxi Light.

Light OFF

LL-OFF2016-8-9_23-22-59-82.jpg

Light ON

LL-ON2016-8-9_23-23-1-59.jpg

Sorry, they are a bit dark here.

Cheers

Hi, this is very interesting for me, thanks

Q, the cloud illumination, is this only present when viewed from the VC? reason i ask is that I dont have VC on the model I use (Jetmax rig) so am wondering if I should try this route

many thanks

EDIT, found these on my FSX install so ported over to P3d, they only appear in VC/external views so no good for my setup unfortunately as the SimA doesnt have a VC. I did create a new camera but its not ideal as it has to be positoined beyond the cockpit of the model

Great suggestion. I just wish they would just get along with it and make a native installer. Or if FSFX packages were to take up the baton and make a competitor package, I'd be all over that in a second (miss seeing my AI aircraft at night). Given the magic FSFX have done with weather effects, I'd recon they would do a better job than A2A on the lighting effects as well.

We hear you ;)

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Exactly.

Here are 2 pics from Yesterday. MMTO-MMPS. Nasty weather + wind-shear galore  AS16.

My plane was tossed around like a kite.

This was NOT the ideal airplane for this mission, probably should have returned to base and

change to the 350i.

Using Shockwave narrow Xenon LL as Taxi Light.

Light OFF

LL-OFF2016-8-9_23-22-59-82.jpg

Light ON

LL-ON2016-8-9_23-23-1-59.jpg

Sorry, they are a bit dark here.

Cheers

I think the problem with that is that it will illuminate the ground as well, even if you are at FL350... Whatever will be behind those lights will be illuminated. 

Roi Ben

I think the problem with that is that it will illuminate the ground as well, even if you are at FL350... Whatever will be behind those lights will be illuminated.

Hello

I haven't tested that (ground at altitude) specifically, but the illumination cone is limited.

2016-8-9_23-5-42-925.jpg

@Keven Menard Bring them on please.

Cheers.

Hi, this is very interesting for me, thanks

Q, the cloud illumination, is this only present when viewed from the VC? reason i ask is that I dont have VC on the model I use (Jetmax rig) so am wondering if I should try this route

many thanks

EDIT, found these on my FSX install so ported over to P3d, they only appear in VC/external views so no good for my setup unfortunately as the SimA doesnt have a VC. I did create a new camera but its not ideal as it has to be positoined beyond the cockpit of the model

Sorry it does not work for your FS setting.

Yes the light is positioned at ~14 feet from the center, I'm not on my PC now so cant dig the position.