Sign in to follow this  
JeffEvans

Simconnect and AS16

Here is my litany of recent problems that developed after my failed attempt to load AS16 into FSX.  HiFi has opened a ticket for me and has turned the question over to their development team but I think other problems may exist.

Suddenly started getting an authentication error when starting FSX.  Uninstalled and reinstalled and solved that problem.  Reinstalled EZCA, GSX and FS2Crew.  They seem to work fine except I keep getting a Simconnect error when opening FSX.  It says there is more than 1 simconnect connection.  FSX continues to open but I get a black aircraft skeleton and square clouds and an error message "simconnect does not answer more than 50 seconds.  Open the configure tool and correctly select the version of a simulator."!  This may not be caused by the simconnect problem.  I'm not sure.  I also do not get a "tools" tab at the top.

I know that's a lot to swallow and may be more than a single problem but I would sincerely appreciate any help.  I'm retired and FS is my only diversion.

Jeff Even

Rocklin, CA, USA

Vista Ultimate w/sp 2, AMD Phenom II X4 970, 3.5 GHz

8 GB Ram, 64 bit os, FSX, GSX,  RC, REX Tex Dir & Soft clouds,

ASNext, PMDG 737/47/777, A2A Cherokee 180/Comanche 250,

Carenado PC-12 and more.

simconnect does not answer more than 50 seconds

Jeff,   I had this Problem in Prepar3D and EZdok,  I tried everything  all the big things,  It turned out to be one of the little things i forgot to do.............

This solution for my problem was administrator  When i ran EZdok and Prepar3D as administrator My problem went away.

This could be different for you But certainly i would be running all your Add On's as admin.   

EDIT

Make sure you Install the Included Simconnect with EZdok as well 

Further to Poppet's excellent suggestion I would just also consider installing all legacy intrefaces of Simconnect. I don't know if you've got FSX Acceleration or FSX:SE though ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks, guys.  I run everything as administrator so I don't think that's the problem.  I am running FSX Acceleration and NOT SE or P3D.  You mention legacy interfaces of Simconnect... How do I check this?

Again, thanks for the help.

Jeff

MAybe this can help, the part regarding re-install of MS Visual C++  2005 ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7579.0

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Check your dll.xml for duplicate or malformed entries.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Agree.  AS16 uses its own Simconnect.  It does not use the Simconnect that comes with P3D and FSX.  Legacy simconnects are not needed for AS16 (or ASN).  If you are getting the error at startup, then SteveW is correct.  As stated in the AVSIM CTD Guide, if you get an issue at startup, there is a problem with your dll.xml.  If you move your dll.xml to a temporary folder, FSX should start up without any problems.  You just need to find the corrupted entry in the dll.xml.  The module linked to by the dll.xml may be corrupted too.  The AVSIM CTD Guide provides guidance on how to disable a module until you find the one that is causing your problems.  I would suspect the last 2 or 3 entries.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I thought the installation of the directory as_srv with the dll as_btstrp.dll was the simconnect for P3D/FSX.

I thought the installation of the directory as_srv with the dll as_btstrp.dll was the simconnect for P3D/FSX.  But now, reading the manual it states:

Automatic ASConnect Module Installation
When you run AS16 for the first time, the ASConnect interface module must be installed for proper AS16 operation. You will receive a notice when starting AS16 advising that the simulator must be CLOSED to perform this operation. It is important that the simulator is properly closed (and restarted after) to ensure proper configuration. If running a local (non-networked) installation, you can then automatically launch the AS Connect installation when prompted by AS16. Networked installations must manually copy and run the installation from the server machine (The ASConnect installation file is located in your AS16 installation folder as ASConnect_2016_P3D_Install.exe or ASConnect_2016_FSX_Install.exe).

Maybe that's what that as_btstrp.dll program does.  It installs AS16 and then states, hey, do you want to open AS16?  I respond "Yes" and it installs the program.  The module is linked in the dll.xml too.

Hope this hleps!!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10