Sign in to follow this  
oafp

How config graphic card new in the for FSX

Hello My friends, I need help with this stuff.

I have a new PC

CPU Intel i5 3,40 Ghz
Ram 32 GB DDR3
OS W7 Home Premium 64 Bits
Graphic Card Asus  Radeon R9 390 8 GB OC
SSD Kingston 240 GB  SATA 3 just for the FSX
SSD Samsung 400 GB just for OS

But the FSX looks like a Slide projector, eventhought I reduce all the graphics , I guess the Graphic card is very new and the FSX.CFG Display dont have this model in the data base
Eventhought I see the Model in the configuration window setting which show me AMD Radeon R9 390 0.0.
But the FSX dont work, very slow, sometime got freeze, really I dont know what to do. 
I cant find the graphic card in the FSX.cfg display.

Please could someone help me to config the FSX, becasue with all this hardware the FSX should work better than ever.

I use also a DCS in another SSD and this works very goooood.

If someone want to help to a friend , really I appreciate, and please send me the instruction easy to understand, I am not so young like when I assist to the FANCON AVSIM.

Thanks a lot from Argentina.

Octavio Adrian

If you still can, change that ATI video card for nVidia. ATI doesn't work well with FSX.

I don't even know where to start helping with ATI.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Sadly I bought and install it, well thank you for your time my friend.

I need help with my Graphic Card Asus Radeon R9 390 OC, anyone could help me with this stuff .

Delete your FSX config file, and let FSX rebuild it to pick up the new card. Delete your shader cache folders and let FSX rebuild those as well.

The shader folders are located under C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\

Thank you Magnetite:

But I have a problem now

First the Windows  is in a SSD C
and in another SSD  I have the FSX D

So when I open the C I get two appdata
windows/systemWoW64/Confg/Systemprofile/local/microsoft/cache
and

Windows/System32/config/system Profile/local microsoft/cache

And I have a question the file FSX Config I must to delete all or  just clean the internal subfile, because inside the file has a lot of subfiles, like FMatrox, Fintel, FnVidia, etc.

Could you please help me with this  , because I am very confuse, and I dont want to install the FSX in the same SSD where the OS is.

Thanks and sorry for annoy you with this

Adrian

Magnetite, after investigate alot I found the files and deleted both, the FPS is better now but I have several problems yet, the image got freeze  really is a mess this Graphic card.
But with the DCS works very fine incredible fine, but with the FSX is a awfull flight.
I dont know if with  the P3D or XPlane 10 work will work better.
Thanks a lot for help me, the FSX got better now but still need much more adjust.

Sincerely

Adrian