Sign in to follow this  
tremor595

Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended 50% off...

Can the Otter have the GTN 750 in panel?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

No it can't unfortunately. It's what everyone wants to happen but it seems that the developers of the Twin Otter have moved on and consider the product to old to revisit at this time to allocate resources to integrating any 3rd party GPS support. However you can use the Flight1 GPS's as a 2D popup.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Unfortunately aerosoft's system has gone whack... It tells me the country I'm registered in doesn't match my IP?

Unfortunately aerosoft's system has gone whack... It tells me the country I'm registered in doesn't match my IP?

Do you use a VPN, Raven?  If so, you'll have to disable that service first....

Matt King

I so wish that his plane was available for X-Plane. I have the FSX/P3D version and it's been one of my all time favourite planes.

Not in panel, but I can confirm that the GTN 750 works perfectly with the Twin Otter autopilot. Although it is always more realistic to have the GTN 750 as part of the panel, I always tend to use it in a separate window anyway where I can enlarge it for better visibility but that's my age! The Twin Otter Extended is one of my very favourite aircraft however and I would have no hesitation to highly recommend it as a great and fun FSX addon, especially if you are into bush flying. At 50% off it is a steal!

Bill

Not in panel, but I can confirm that the GTN 750 works perfectly with the Twin Otter autopilot. Although it is always more realistic to have the GTN 750 as part of the panel, I always tend to use it in a separate window anyway where I can enlarge it for better visibility but that's my age! The Twin Otter Extended is one of my very favourite aircraft however and I would have no hesitation to highly recommend it as a great and fun FSX addon, especially if you are into bush flying. At 50% off it is a steal!

Bill

Can you elaborate on how you install the gtn into this and what if I didnt use it on another monitor where would it be shown - thanks 

Rich Sennett

Can you elaborate on how you install the gtn into this and what if I didnt use it on another monitor where would it be shown - thanks 

Sounds like you don't already have the GTN 750, so when you install the GTN 750 into FSX, it creates a configuration control panel which lists all the aircraft installed on your system. You can then select any aircraft on which you want to use the GTN 750 and this opens a page where you can select various parameters including the position. Unfortunately the positions are limited to top / bottom and left / right of screen which is why I tend to move it to a second monitor. Hope this helps.

Bill

Sounds like you don't already have the GTN 750, so when you install the GTN 750 into FSX, it creates a configuration control panel which lists all the aircraft installed on your system. You can then select any aircraft on which you want to use the GTN 750 and this opens a page where you can select various parameters including the position. Unfortunately the positions are limited to top / bottom and left / right of screen which is why I tend to move it to a second monitor. Hope this helps.

Bill

Thanks Bill but I do have it in a bunch of aircraft - but as you well know Bert had to make many Carenados work with it so I would assume its not that easy for Otter or why would Bert have to retro fit all of these Aircraft he does - what makes the Otter any different - thanks 

Rich Sennett

Thanks Bill but I do have it in a bunch of aircraft - but as you well know Bert had to make many Carenados work with it so I would assume its not that easy for Otter or why would Bert have to retro fit all of these Aircraft he does - what makes the Otter any different - thanks 

Sorry Rich, I misunderstood when you asked how to install the GTN and assumed that perhaps you didn't have it yourself! 

I am familiar with the work Bert had to do to make it function with some of the Carenado aircraft but, as I mentioned above, I have installed it in the Twin Otter (although not in the panel) and I can confirm that it works without needing any modifications. However I can't say why it works in this aircraft and not in some others, but presumably it relates to its ability to interact with the autopilot.

Bill

Bill

Can I shut it on and off and how do I do that (remove it while flying but bring it backup while flying around?) - thanks Buddy 

Sale is gone - oh well

Rich Sennett

Don't worry Rich- Milviz has an otter somewhere in the pipeline.

Cheers,

Mark

Don't worry Rich- Milviz has an otter somewhere in the pipeline.

Cheers,

Mark

Oh yah day one buy for me - cant wait for that but I think you mean the Beaver

Rich Sennett