Sign in to follow this  
jmstll

Will Captain Sim 777 - 200 work with Windows 10?

I purchased Captain Sim 777 - 200 base pack yesterday. After installation, I placed the plane at a gate at JFK. On the outside view I noted no tires, although the  gear doors are open.  In the virtual cockpit view, all of the displays are blank,  with the exception of the MCP windows (heading,altitude, etc), and the clock. I thought the  plane was cold and dark, but looking at the outside view once again, I noticed the engines are spooling.  Pushing the battery button did not light the battery light. I also noted the landing gear lever was in gear up position. The pilots window opens, switches rotate, gear lever moves, but flaps to not work (no hydraulic power, I assume, with no electrical power). Going to full throttle, the plane takes off and controls work well.

I installed the plane a second time with the same results.
  Is it possible this aircraft will not work with Windows 10?
 I emailed Captain Sim with this question, but don't know if there is any technical support available at their website.
     I am interested in purchasing a decent airliner for P3D. I have PMDG 737 NGX on FSX but after 6 years with NGX, I would like to try something a little different. I would like to try a Airbus 320, or Quality Wings 757 package, but I am once again concerned about Windows 10  compatibility issues.

A premature thanks for any responses.
                                                                                Jim Tell

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The Capt sim 777 is one of the best, most reliable and beautiful planes I have for P3D and it works great in win 10. 

I purchased Captain Sim 777 - 200 base pack yesterday. After installation, I placed the plane at a gate at JFK. On the outside view I noted no tires, although the  gear doors are open.  In the virtual cockpit view, all of the displays are blank,  with the exception of the MCP windows (heading,altitude, etc), and the clock. I thought the  plane was cold and dark, but looking at the outside view once again, I noticed the engines are spooling.  Pushing the battery button did not light the battery light. I also noted the landing gear lever was in gear up position. The pilots window opens, switches rotate, gear lever moves, but flaps to not work (no hydraulic power, I assume, with no electrical power). Going to full throttle, the plane takes off and controls work well.

I installed the plane a second time with the same results.

Is it possible this aircraft will not work with Windows 10?

I emailed Captain Sim with this question, but don't know if there is any technical support available at their website.

I am interested in purchasing a decent airliner for P3D. I have PMDG 737 NGX on FSX but after 6 years with NGX, I would like to try something a little different. I would like to try a Airbus 320, or Quality Wings 757 package, but I am once again concerned about Windows 10  compatibility issues.

A premature thanks for any responses.

Jim Tell

Sounds like a registration/install hiccup.

I would suggest turning off any virus protection, 3rd party or otherwise, while you download and install. Any malware software and disable UAC. Also run everything as administrator, that's executable. If still no joy C.S. should reply. Mark and Tanya are usually about.

Hope you succeed.

Regards

David

• Upvote 1

The Capt sim 777 is one of the best, most reliable and beautiful planes I have for P3D and it works great in win 10. 

Does yours trigger a T/O warning at engine start?

No but it just started to try to open the Capt Sim website when loaded. Odd.

I purchased Captain Sim 777 - 200 base pack yesterday. After installation, I placed the plane at a gate at JFK. On the outside view I noted no tires, although the gear doors are open. In the virtual cockpit view, all of the displays are blank, with the exception of the MCP windows (heading,altitude, etc), and the clock. I thought the plane was cold and dark, but looking at the outside view once again, I noticed the engines are spooling. Pushing the battery button did not light the battery light. I also noted the landing gear lever was in gear up position. The pilots window opens, switches rotate, gear lever moves, but flaps to not work (no hydraulic power, I assume, with no electrical power). Going to full throttle, the plane takes off and controls work well.

Hi, Jim,

You didn't say which simulator you are using.  But if it's FSX Steam version you need to install the three legacy versions of Simconnect.  I don't own P3D but I believe the same is true for P3D.  Otherwise I think you are likely to get issues, including the symptoms you are describing.  Only FSX original/boxed version doesn't have this requirement. 

Mike

I see problems with license, the symptom of not visible wheels.
Today I used my 777CS and was surprised by small patch,  now version 1.7.1

João Alfredo

I am installing the Captain Sim 777 - 200 base pack on Prepar3d.   

I uninstalled the plane from P3d/Simobjects/Airplanes this morning. I also deleted the installation zip file this morning. This afternoon, after disabling virus protection, I downloaded the installation zip file and installed the plane once again. The results were the same as yesterday. Battery button depresses,  but the light on the battery switch does not come on or anything else. No displays. IThanks David.

Warbirds, thank you for your reply. It's good to know that it works in Windows 10. That was my biggest concern.

Mike, thank you as well. I have been using Microsoft FS since the mid '80's, FSX since 2006. I loaded P3d 2 days ago and plan on using it as my basic FS in the future. Currently I'm trying to find  a modern P3d airliner to install. I can always go back to good old PDMG.  I am unfamiliar with Simconnect, although I did see it some references to it on the Captain Sim installation instructions. I will check it out in the next few days. I did manage to get an old Carenado Cessna 172 copied from FSX, but I almost exclusively fly 737 NGX anymore. I can buy the P3d version, but I think the price is a bit high, considering I've been flying this plane for so long. The pmdg 777 maybe in my future!

Hi Jim,

Try Mike's suggestion. Install all the Simconnect versions in the P3d folder. They come uninstalled at first, its up to us to click their .exe!!

I agree 100% re PMDG prices! I own all the products on my old rig in FSX. My new rig has P3d only and I don't intend paying twice for the Sims!

Take a close look at the iFly 747? I think you will find the FMS is nearly 100%. Also the 3d model looks good!

Let us know how you get on?

Regards

David.

I reinstalled the 777-200 this morning and, using some suggestions I found on the Captain Sim support site, located and installed a SimConnect file.  Captain Sim suggested installing "Simconnect.msi,"  but the  P3d "redist"  folder only contained SimConnect. lib and SimConnect. I close my eyes and installed SimConnect. 

I now have tires and the Captain's side and engine displays were on. A little later I noticed the first officer's displays were on, as well.

The battery light, engine generators, and fuel pumps were off, but I will power all systems down and watch a couple of "cold and dark" startups on YouTube to try to figure out exactly where this system is right now. 

I spent the morning downloading and installing ORBX FTX Global. I have a 2.2 gigabyte upgrade schedule for tomorrow morning about 5am, when I have a decent download speed. 

Mike and Dave, thanks for your help! 
I'm getting tired of flying a Cessna 172!

Sign in to follow this