Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Vector 1.45

Just installed Vector 1.4 and now have a notice for update 1.45.

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Version 1.45

7th August 2016

• Fixed missing roads in western Europe

Might not need it but Doesn't look like it's a big download. It's  60 meg.

Downloaded and installed, but after syncing through Central, the Vector Tool still reads v1.40 on all my FSX/P3D2/P3D3 installs.

No big deal, but I wonder if it in fact installed. It stated that it did.

My Vector tool reads the same, if you hover over Vector in FTX central it should show V1.45  and if you needed to move your stand alone airports up in the Scenery library

it's updated, moving those took longer than downloading and installing the update.

My Vector tool reads the same, if you hover over Vector in FTX central it should show V1.45  and if you needed to move your stand alone airports up in the Scenery library

it's updated, moving those took longer than downloading and installing the update.

Ok, thanks for the tip, Marty

Post Edit:  Just hovered over Vector, and yes...it reports v1.45    I didn't even know about the hover read-out...you learn every day! :)

Mitch

Could you elaborate this a little bit? After installing the v1.45 update of Vector, you have to manually move your addon sceneries in the scenery library? Really?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Anytime ORBX updates or injects anything into the scenery Library it puts the ORBX libraries on top so you have to move everything up. I click on what i'm moving

hold my mouse key down over the move up button and use the enter key to get it up above the ORBX entries faster than having to click 200 times ;-)

Anytime ORBX updates or injects anything into the scenery Library it puts the ORBX libraries on top so you have to move everything up. I click on what i'm moving

hold my mouse key down over the move up button and use the enter key to get it up above the ORBX entries faster than having to click 200 times ;-)

You can also use the Library Insertion points tool in FTX Central 2.

• Upvote 1

If you set the insertion tool, it will always put your Orbx sceneries in the same spot, even after updates or new sceneries.

• Upvote 2

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Ehm, ok. According to my knowledge, the ORBX libraries MUST BE on top of the scenery list. At least they are in my case and I never have experienced any issue with other addon sceneries. Kind of confusing here...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Ehm, ok. According to my knowledge, the ORBX libraries MUST BE on top of the scenery list. At least they are in my case and I never have experienced any issue with other addon sceneries. Kind of confusing here...

The 3rd party sceneries have no need for the OrbXlibs so the installer puts it on top of the Orbx stuff and below other addons if your two insertion points are set and saved. If the OrbXlibs are on top of everything, there is a chance that they mess up with an other scenery libs. 

One golden rule with the Orbx stuff, don't try to outsmart the installers, they do their job properly if you follow the instructions (including the insertion points). 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Hi guys

I have a problem

I have downloaded 

Version 161101 (November 2016)

from the support page, but it is only one big zip file with many other zip files inside

How do I install this files???

Thanks for your help

Hi guys

I have a problem

I have downloaded 

Version 161101 (November 2016)

from the support page, but it is only one big zip file with many other zip files inside

How do I install this files???

Thanks for your help

That bundle of zips is intended for installation thru the manual option in ftx central v3.

Well I was impressed with this new system until I decided to update vector looks like the new download is going to take at least 2 hours using a great ISP - thought this was going to be a much faster efficient way of getting our products - not good hope they address this 

Rich Sennett