Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

EditVoicePack XL

I used the free version of EditVoicePack X to add lots of new airline and military aircraft callsigns in FSX, and the updated USEnglishBig.gvp file has worked very well in P3D. However, adding more call signs since then has proved troublesome. I note that the payware EditVoicePack XL now works with P3D v3, and it apparently has a large database of airline callsigns (hopefully including all of the ones that I added to the freeware version). However, does it also include lots of military aircraft callsigns? You know the ones......stuff like "Scimitar 12" and "Tiger 45". I am keen to purchase this new payware version, but I need to know if it includes the latter, or if there are XL versions of military aircraft callsigns that I can add myself.

I assume that a few AVSIM members use EditVoicePack XL with P3D v3?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I use it. It has 38 aircraft manufacture names added by the community (like for example Yakolev, Henkel, Hawker-Siddeley, Aermacchi, etc.). It has ~ 100 military aircraft model names added by the community including Tornado, Tiger cat, T45, Zero, etc., but I didn't see Scimitar on that list. Are you looking for a specific model?

BTW, it all adds all the My Traffic 6 new airlines.

When I mentioned "Scimitar", I was referring to CALL SIGNS. Does EditVoicePack XL include lots of military call signs? I added a lot of these to EditVoicePack X (the old freeware version) via MAIW scenery packages.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

There's a ton of what they call "telephony designators" (call signs) but no SCIMITAR that I can see. Here's as many as I could get on a Print Screen capture for the US military:

EditVoicePackXL.jpg

There are addon packs for military at MAIW and also can get various packs from AIG for missing airlines.. There's tons of stuff here in the library.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Yes, I know that there are military packages available at MAIW. I use some of them! What I am asking is....will the call sign voicepack upgrades in those packages work in the new payware EditVoicePack XL? In other words, are they compatible?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

They should work without any issues. EVP will tell you they were designed for FS2004 etc etc, but they should still work fine.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

The program will not have all of the MAIW call signs. You can still download them manually and add them in just like in FSX. I recently did it for all of the MAIW packages. I think the coolest feature of EditVoicePackXL is the "missing call signs" list. It allows me to see what I am missing and make corrections, download the right ones, or make my own. It's been time consuming to get it all added to the sim but worth it if you like realistic AI.

• Upvote 1

Since my USEnglishBig.gvp file already includes the updates, do those military call signs even need to be added to EditVoicePack XL? Or would this be required if I wanted to update the file with new call signs?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I think the coolest feature of EditVoicePackXL is the "missing call signs" list. It allows me to see what I am missing and make corrections, download the right ones, or make my own.

EDIT: Please disregard, I was looking in the wrong place.

How do you display this?  I checked their website where it says this:

"Support for identifying which callsigns and aircraft types or manufactures are used by your flight simulator but not yet included in EditVoicepack.

Select a missing modification to get details on the flight simulator aircraft.cfg containing the settings making your flight simulator request the file. Open the folder containing the aircraft.cfg file directly from within EditVoicepack by clicking the path. You can find the missing modifications in the Advanced user interface by navigating to one of the following nodes:

• My Modifications/Aircrafts/Manufacturers/Missing Manufacturers
  • My Modifications/Aircrafts/Models/Missing Models
  • My Modifications/Telephony Designators/Missing Telephony Designators"

But I don't have those "Missing ***" entries in my list?

Am I missing a step?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

It's displayed in the treelike advanced UI mode. Of course, if you don't have any aircraft, call signs, manufacturers, etc. in your P3d installation with missing audio equivalents, then there won't be any. I only have  a few. Look under "My Modifications". there are sub-branches that show which of your aircraft have no audio files. That's all it does. You still have to piece together the call sign, aircraft name, etc. from existing audio snippets which are already included in EditVoicePack XL.

As for using your current voices file it may work. I tried it one time during a re-install and it worked and then another time I was missing call signs but I may have missed a step or messed something up. I decided with my last install that I would reinstall all of the voice packs and organize my AI better. I have everything outside of the main P3D folders now so if I need to re-install at some point I can do it and just point everything to the right folders to keep all of my AI intact. Luckily I have not needed to do that in over a year now which is really saying something for me! I'll really find out how it works out with the next version of P3D I suppose!

Brandon