Sign in to follow this  
hesynergy

Quoted from Toposim 64 bit Prepar3d?

Future Upgrades . . .

Until further notice, all orders placed through the Toposim Distribution Center are grandfathered into FREE UPGRADES when the new 64-bit simulators become available during the next few months.

Thanks for your continued support!

Justin

Toposim.net

...next few months?...including P3d???

...Just putting 2&2...together...

4? 3?...5?

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I don't know about their statement. I don't know what upgrade is needed to make mesh files 64 bit compatible. They are just data files. There's no assembly code in them. A byte of data is a byte of data regardless of the cpu speed or bits. Those mesh files could be read by an old IBM PC from the 80's without a problem. It's how FS processes them that makes the difference.

Intel I7 6700k @ 4ghz, nVidia 3070ti 8gb, 16 gb ddr4 @ 1066mhz,  500 ssd, 2tb hdd, 2tb ssd, ASUS z170-E mb, Samsung 24" @ 1920x1080, P3D 5.4, MSFS

Future Upgrades . . .

Until further notice, all orders placed through the Toposim Distribution Center are grandfathered into FREE UPGRADES when the new 64-bit simulators become available during the next few months.

Thanks for your continued support!

Justin

Toposim.net

...next few months?...including P3d???

...Just putting 2&2...together...

4? 3?...5?

Chas

Strikes me as a bit of opportunistic 'sales speak' Chas. That, allied with their latest 'bogof' offer, sounds more like an ambitious salesman trying to meet the monthly quotas. I would imagine that the likes of FreemeshX have dented their prospective customer base somewhat?

p.s.  It will definitely rain in the next few months. :D

They are just data files. There's no assembly code in them. A byte of data is a byte of data regardless of the cpu speed or bits.

Arbarter, I agree 100%!

The point is not whether you can read 32-bit or 16 bit or 8 bit or 64-bit data files…data is data as far I know.... Rather, admittedly speculative interpretation, finding his tillalatingly suggestive statement, "...new 64-bit platforms become available in the next few months"...to be worthy of a raised eyebrow....

...nothing more.

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I raised TWO eyebrows chas.Tried to raise one ,but they both move...

on a more serious note,i imagined great things when i heard about the newest 64bit sim(cough)..it lasted less than 20 mins on my computer.

i have never been so disappointed in my life. 64bit is not going to be the holy grail if it's not implemented properly.

steve

• Upvote 1

I think we need 128 bits frankly, the two 64 bit versions of flight sims that are out now leave much to be desired in my opinion. 

:wink:

• Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I think we need 128 bits frankly, the two 64 bit versions of flight sims that are out now leave much to be desired in my opinion. 

:wink:

I really like this...., very funny.  What about a qubit processor? You think that might finally get rid of the stutters?  More likely to see a stutter that both exists and doesn't.

• Upvote 3

Dan Downs KCRP

Fortunately, there are many people already enjoying their 64 bits simulators! :wink:

• Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Hints of P3Dx64 arriving sooner than later, have been dropped here on Avsim for the past couple of months. There's nothing new in that regard. As for x64 itself, we all know that x64 compatible content will be non-existent in the beginning, but, will arrive shortly after release. I expect Orbx, and FSDT, to be among the first that will release content for LM's P3Dx64. With the majority of developers joining in the fray soon after. After all, money talks.

Jazz

Yes, I believe so. It will OOM by using up all of the available system RAM versus virtual RAM. Especially if the sim or add on, isn't optimized for 64 bit.

My Aerofly FS 2 never OOMs....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Fortunately, there are many people already enjoying their 64 bits simulators! :wink:

There are people enjoying Pokeman go too.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Wait until they add the rest of the world to aerofly, and maybe some working aircraft systems, and see how it performs. Right now it is equivalent to FS2000.

Let me ask a question...

Can you still OOM with a 64 bit sim??

steve

I have been flying P3D for over a year and have never had an OOM.....I must be doing something wrong. 

• Upvote 1