Sign in to follow this  
mjw8899

Just Wow

I have flown many, many aircraft on virtually all platforms, including the PMDG jets on FSX and Prepar3d. This aircraft is by far the best of anything out there. I am astonished at how well it flies, handles, takes off and lands. It is a joy to handfly and for the first time in any sim, actually feels like a real airplane in terms of the way it handles. For anyone considering the leap to xplane, this is the aircraft to fly, forget about everything else.

Admittedly my time is low, and I have made extensive use of the AFE, but again, this is one of the many draws of this plane. You can gradually learn its systems without being overwhelmed. I can't say i have any complaints so far other than trying to get through the POH. PMDG, you have the set the bar, stick with xplane, and keep up the amazing work.

Marc Wallace

Thanks for your feedback,

sound like you are having fun with the DC6

Might I ask, do you also have the IXEG737 in x-plane?

I do not yet own the DC6 but so far my experience with the IXEG737 has been amazing. The immersion is way better than the FF 777/757/A350 and the JAR A320.

Regards,

Atanas Ayarov

Atanas Ayarov

Yes, the IXEG is a fine aircraft and I own it. Its a little quirky on the ground but it flies great, I enjoy it. I just find the DC-6 to really feel special and its one of the few that I don't mind handflying even online. Currently I would say the DC-6, IXEG and then maybe the FF767 and Rotate MD-80 as the best xplane has right now in airliners. 

I hope more FSX devs look seriously at X-Plane. Up to now it has largely been ignored, which is a shame.

Attempts to "FSXify" XP 11.0 to make it more enticing are a nice idea, but I hope they continue with original thought rather than copying what is an old sim. A major problem with FS was no-one was prepared to make a breaking change to improve things.

Rob Smith.

The DC 6 was my 6th or 7th attempt to conquer X-Plane coming from FS 98..ifLY....FSX....P3D  but now I took over this thing. The DC 6 is a big leap forward and shows remarkably what the real potential of X-Plane is!!  My result is that X-Plane  is a very convincing flight simulation environment where you get a real flight experience as far as you can get it with a good graphics PC,  64bit Windows, a lot of RAM, NOAA wheather, skymaxx and a single screen. It seems that I will stick with X-Plane with in the next future. Very comfortable for example  is the feature to control your views with the num key pad very very quickly. This enables you to get around  in the cockpit very fast when work load is high while approaching and  landing or take off etc. So there is only a little demand to configure a lot of hot keys for  essential commands as you should do with the legacy simulators mentioned above. The most commands can be given with the real levers  switches and knobs in the cockpit as it has to be done in the real live. No problem.

Next models coming up from PMDG to be also released for X-Plane would be highly appreciated. iXEG has made also a very excellent job. Only the FMS  has some flaws sometimes.  Maybe the real 737-300 has the same flaws ??? I don't know. Both models I'm flying with a lot of fun. It is very funny to fly the routes of Everts Air with the DC 6  in Alaska in real NOAA wheather!

Thomas Burchard

• Upvote 2

Everts Air with the DC 6 in Alaska in real NOAA wheather!

I wasn't aware that XPL had winter textures, this has to come from a third party. Looking for clarification.

Dan Downs KCRP

As I wrote I've always flown in real wheather (NOAA plugin) since the DC-6 is out (since July !!). Now we have summer. The wheather over there it seems  almost is  very bad ! I have no clue what's coming up in winter. I am new to X-Plane. I've  heard some rumors that there is a lack of winter textures. We will see what happen when it is winter !

Thomas Burchard

I don't fly fsx or Prepar3d much any more. I do miss ActiveSky and the winter textures but I just find the flight models better in xplane. No question the PMDG boeings are the finest available on any platform, FF comes close on xplane but its not quite there. The Rotate MD-80, however offers a really novel experience, its not perfect, but it is a blast to fly. And as I said, the DC-6 is in a class all by itself; nothing in the other sims comes close.

Thanks Rob, that's what I had thought.  Shame to because it's usually winter in Alaska LOL.

Dan Downs KCRP

I wasn't aware that XPL had winter textures, this has to come from a third party. Looking for clarification.

Stock XPL doesn't comes with (visual! winter texture) but it does have winter physic effect on flight. There is a winter texture plugin you can use during winter and remove in summer.

I have flown many, many aircraft on virtually all platforms, including the PMDG jets on FSX and Prepar3d. This aircraft is by far the best of anything out there. I am astonished at how well it flies, handles, takes off and lands. It is a joy to handfly and for the first time in any sim, actually feels like a real airplane in terms of the way it handles. For anyone considering the leap to xplane, this is the aircraft to fly, forget about everything else.

Admittedly my time is low, and I have made extensive use of the AFE, but again, this is one of the many draws of this plane. You can gradually learn its systems without being overwhelmed. I can't say i have any complaints so far other than trying to get through the POH. PMDG, you have the set the bar, stick with xplane, and keep up the amazing work.

Marc Wallace

Reverse prop only works for throttle quadrants. They do not specifiy this anywhere. I would have to disagree.

Who flies a complex study sim without a separate throttle control? Cant think of another study aircraft, FSX or Xplane that would be flyable or more accurately worth the expense without a throttle. You dont have to get a saitek or warthog, just something cheap off of amazon will greatly enhance your experience, and this is what it is all about, isnt it?

As an aside this plane doesn't really need prop reversers, its landing speed is relatively low and it brakes well. I only use them to back out of the gate.

PMDG DC-6 Cloudmaster is really well done. I love it :smile: :smile: :smile:

It is not so easy to fly first time as happens with other aircrafts... but after it is amazing!!!

Hope PMDG Simulations will able to add new aircrafts for X-Plane. :clapping: