Sign in to follow this  
blave

Help me select a new plane...

I have a lot of planes on my wishlist now and I can't decide:Level-D 767PMDG 747PSS A340Eaglesoft Citation XEaglesoft Cirrus SR20I mainly fly jets, but the Eaglesoft website makes me drool to fly GA. I also love my PSS A320 and wouldn't mind checking out the "big one". And I also love my PMDG 737. Ultimately, I know that I will get all of them ...but I need to start with ONE.

Guest jgreth123

I'd say it depends on what you like...Do you like full realism?Then get the PMDG 747 or the Level-D 767 ( I prefer PMDG but it's personal taste ).I owned the PSS A340 as well, and I wasn't highly impressed.. the flight model is not realistic ( flies like a cessna ) and the FMC isn't quite as complete. You don't have to strictly follow any checklists to get her going... etc...Eaglesoft... well... I have the Cit X, and I'll just say now, it may fly better than a cessna 172, but the FMC is a joke, it reads in FS9 flightplan, and really doesn't function anything like an FMC. So if you just wanna hop in a plane, fly a route that will never change, then sure... I'm also a 100%-Virtual Cockpit pilot ( Track IR + Vector ), and the VC leaves much to be desired.All in all, I'd say Level-D or PMDG, as they are the top tier, but again, it's personal taste.Please, no one respond saying how I'm wrong, that such and such plane is great... that's fine, your opinion, but I like realism. ;)

Thanks for the response. Yea, I usually like it as real as it gets. I immensly like the PMDG 737 and I also like the PSS, just because it's an Airbus and I just love to fly them.So the Level-D or PMDG 747 would be the best choice right now -or- the FeelThere 737 when it gets released -or- the PSS 777.My problem with the long-haul planes is that I generally don't fly long haul and don't want to sit 8 hours to reach my destination. That's why I love the 737s and the A320s. I can just plan a short 2 hour trip..

Guest allblack

I'm in the same situation...However, I'm also on a dial-up connection so whoever gets my $$$ depends on whether LevelD or PMDG get their new birds out on CD first.At this stage, it looks like the 767 will be the next purchase.Also like yourself, I see little point in a 8-hour flight looking at the cockpit and not much else.The 767 will be more suited to short-ish hops than the 747.CheersTimNZWN

Guest Sean I

I would definetly go with the Level-D 767 first. It is a very good aircraft and I can't even begin to say all of the things I like about it here. It is a "must have"!Sean

Don't forget with the Level-D 767 you can save a flight & restart another time, which means you can do long haul in several parts....

ngxu_banner.png

Guest Dakota

>>>The 767 will be more suited to short-ish hops than the>747.>>I don't see why. There are plenty of 747 doing such hops in>real world.>In fact Boeing makes a short range version for that exact reason.

Guest JIMJAM

I own all the above except the 340. You cannot go wrong with any of them but if you already own some big metal, the Citation X is a nice one. One of the best looking jets ever made. And its got a pretty lady as a passenger......

The CX is a great airplane. My experience with FMCs is very limited so I don't really miss the lack of a more realistic FMC - I just plugged my RealityXP GNS530 into the airplane and then had a lot of fun flying it to Hawaii from California last year (when I bought it).The integration with the RXP GPSs is very well done due to some cooperation between Eaglesoft and RXP.Another ship that I really like and fly regularly is the Flight1 PC-12. Again, I put a GNS430 in there to replace the "KLN90" that comes with the product. Works great.cheers,Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack