Sign in to follow this  
Melodymannen

out of memory warning

Hello everyone.

Just a short question that confuses me... I´ve been flying the 777/200 a lot on long haul, but suddenly a couple of months ago it always runs out of memory just before landing. Doesn´t matter if I´ve been flying for 30 min or 10 hrs... Can it be related with the fact that I updated to win 10?

Its only the 777 that behaves like this, the pmdg 737 and 747 works fine

Can it be related with the fact that I updated to win 10?

Nope. This is simply the amount of stuff that you have within the sim. Since it's right before landing, I'm willing to bet you're flying into an airport that's highly detailed.

Its only the 777 that behaves like this, the pmdg 737 and 747 works fine

The 777 uses a bit more VAS. Please have a look at the Intro Manual. We've discussed this very topic at length.

Full names - first and last - in the forum please.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you for taking your time!

The strange thing is that it suddenly started, I have turned down the settings for my add ons, and I always unclick the airports I dont use, so this is driving me mad...

I really love the 777 thats why I ask you....

It worked for a year without any problems

It worked for a year without any problems

Apart from the 32 bit and 64 bit versions, the OS itself won't have any effect. It's going to be related to something that you changed within the sim.

Again: full names - first and last - please.

Kyle Rodgers

ok Trying to change my name, cant find the way of doing that thou

Don't need to change it. All you need to do is type your name at the bottom of your posts, as can be seen at the bottom of mine:

Kyle Rodgers

What Kyle said ^^

Also.........

To change your Signature go to      Profile  ► Edit my Profile  ► Signature 

Done!

thx

Your name should be at the bottom of your posts rather than above your avatar. Try this - click on your user name in upper right corner, click on My Profile, click on Edit My Profile, click on Signature, in Edit Signature enter your first and last name. Click Save.

I *think* I am also seeing this issue. VAS slowly decreasing over the course of a flight.

VAS slowly decreasing is a good thing, it is a problem when VAS remaining dissappears.  P3D does a pretty good job of releasing VAS memory when the amount remaining decreases, FSX does not have this ability.

Dan Downs KCRP