Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Another closeup of the C47v3

I downloaded this splendid paint today from Joe Z over at SoH: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?101611-Douglas-C-47-v3-Livery-Thread&p=1037733&viewfull=1#post1037733

Man it's beautiful!  I don't have the old Banana Bob reflection textures but it still looks really sharp with default P3D reflections.

Note:  The real world paint apparently was not metal on the bottom, it's an opaque blue/white - that version is also available, but I preferred this one.

Untitled-1_47.jpg

Untitled-2_52.jpg

Untitled-3_50.jpg

Most realistic nacelles ever?

Untitled-4_57.jpg

Untitled-6_46.jpg

Untitled-5_40.jpg

Untitled-7_35.jpg

• Upvote 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Beautiful shots downloaded this and his other paint added last night - amazing work - stellar work for sure - must have re-paints from Joe from SOH

Rich Sennett

What a superb bird. Ryan, do you also have the interior in black and/or light-blue instead of the standard green. They are also available from SOH and simviation and look equally impressive.

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I saw those at soh but I haven't downloaded any of them.  Which is your favorite?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I saw those at soh but I haven't downloaded any of them.  Which is your favorite?

Ryan you using hdr - doesnt look it might want to take a look at it

Rich Sennett

My favorite is the black one. Looks very much like the real thing and should work well with your livery. I combined it with the lighter brown seats of the original version, just my personal preference. The blue one is a little bit too blue for me

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Hey Ryan,

Glad your liking my paints, they have been well received by everyone going by how many hits the downloads have over at SOH. I can't take all the credit though, if Gman hadn't worked his magic on the paintkit.

You should add BananaBob's alternate globalenvtest files to your sim or at least install them into my paint folders. It makes a world of difference.

Joe

Hey Ryan,

Glad your liking my paints, they have been well received by everyone going by how many hits the downloads have over at SOH. I can't take all the credit though, if Gman hadn't worked his magic on the paintkit.

You should add BananaBob's alternate globalenvtest files to your sim or at least install them into my paint folders. It makes a world of difference.

Joe

Joe great job was waiting for these the day I saw them - you refer to Bobs env file where can this be had - thanks for the great work - my favorites

Found it but also has GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome.dds - use that to ? 

Rich Sennett

Hey Ryan,

Joe

Hi Joe, how many files of type globalenvtest do we have to add?, just two: GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome and GlobalEnvTest?.

Please clarify. Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi Joe, how many files of type globalenvtest do we have to add?, just two: GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome and GlobalEnvTest?.

Please clarify. Cheers, Ed

Dont bother Ed not much different actually than supplied P3D version or maybe REX installs Their version one supplied all ready is better here

You want to try backup in your main P3D folder those two files and copy Bobs over

Rich Sennett

Superb Classic :smile: 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Dont bother Ed not much different actually than supplied P3D version or maybe REX installs Their version one supplied all ready is better here

You want to try backup in your main P3D folder those two files and copy Bobs over

Rich, to test this out, what I did is to copy over Joe's repaint texture folders these two files taken from another repaint all-in-Chrome (metallic look) downloaded from SOH days ago. Looks terrific.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

That works - or here is the link to the files from Bob R

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=138660

Again, Joe, thanks for the paints - they are exquisite!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

That works - or here is the link to the files from Bob R

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=138660

Again, Joe, thanks for the paints - they are exquisite!

Thanks Ryan for link looks to be the same as the ones I got but from different place - these files going into aircraft texture folder or main sim texture folder - thinking the aircraft folder now - thanks

Not seeing any difference with these files or factory ones in main sim folder - looks great both ways so all set

Rich Sennett