Sign in to follow this  
The Goose

Captain Sim C-130 ind P3DV3

Hi,

Does anybody has the C-130 running in P3DV3?

I am thinking about to buy this bird soon.

Are there any chance for a bargain in the near future?  :drinks:

I didn't follow CS so I don't know if there has been any bargains at all.

Cheers

Marc

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't own this but I can tell you that the Estonia Migration Tool seems to work pretty well on this kind of stuff.

I own the EMT and you are right this tool is working great but I dont want to "waste" money

in case that the bird doesn't work or only is only working partly.  :smile:

Good idea to check it out first.  I notice on the EMT website they say its compatible with the 727, L1011 so this tells me it will probably work with older steam guage style aircraft.

Works fine in P3Dv3.5. Copy and paste from the FSX folder.

Works fine in P3Dv3.5. Copy and paste from the FSX folder.

I did the same, also in v3.35, no issues whatsoever. The same goes for all the other CS planes such as the 707, 727 and 737 or the L1011, but for those I used EMT, as with copy and paste no wheels would show up, when the plane sat on the tarmac. I even managed to get the old CS FS9 Yak 3 to work in v3.35. Btw, CS has once a year, usually shortly before Xmas, a sale, where everything is available for €9,99, which is in a few months I guess more or less the same in US$  :wink:

Go for it, it's a great plane

To PPO or anyone else reading this.....HELP!

I have P3dv3.4 (Windows 10) and Captain Sims C130. I simply cannot get the great plane to work in P3dv3+.  I no longer have FSX installed on either of my machines so copying the FSX set up over in to P3d is not an option (and I can't get my old copy of FSX to reload on either of my machines).  Here are my symptoms:

1.  When using the Captain Sim exe file to try and install, it of course tells me that I don't have Microsoft Flight Simulator X installed.  That's the end of that attempt.

2.  I have all the files for the C130 and can manually place them into P3dv3, but I am missing something important here.

a.  I put the C130 Effects in the P3d Effects folder.  Same for sound, and then the actual aircraft models (Sim Objects/Airplane folder), and gauges.

b.  I have created a C130 (130) folder in the Captain Sim folder next to the Captain Sim 737, 727 and L1011 (all designed for P3dv3 and working correctly) in the P3dv3 root directory.

c.  I have tried to add entries into the P3dv3 dll as per posts I've found elsewhere on the internet, but my paths or something else is wrong for the C130

3.  Bottom line...I fire up P3dv3.4, go to my default flight, look in the Select Vehicle screen.  I see all the various liveries of the Captain Sim C130.  I select one.  It loads correctly.  I even get the animation

manger that lets me open doors, add chocks, etc.  I go inside the aircraft.  Everything looks good here.  I click on any button, lever or try and turn a knob and no effect!  I go to any of the 2D screens.  They appear, but are totally dead.  None of the buttons or switches move, no sounds, no effects.  Very, very frustrating.

When I see people saying that they have the Captain Sim C130 (AND 707 which I also own!) working....I know it can be done!   What am I missing?  If you take the time to help me, please remember that I don't have access to the paths, directories or .dll or .exe for FSX any longer, and you'll need to show me what you have in those files that are working.  I thought maybe it had something to do with SimConnect, but I don't know enough about SimConnect to understand it.

I agree with other comments here...the Captain Sim C130 and their 707 are great planes, and I miss having them in my hanger.  I see nothing from Captain Sims about plans to modify these planes for P3dv3, so I am turning to the flight sim community for help.

Thank you for your time...

Dean

I have the Capt Sim C130 Program & is loaded into FSX - works great. However, It will not load in P3Dv3 and simple copy of FSX files to P3D does not go well either; main issue is with CH Product yoke flight control. Yoke controls such as flaps, gear, trim work great. Have not been able to figure this one out.

Anyway, it is sad to have such a great bird that is well done that can not be used or supported in P3D. Somewhat disappointed. I am willing to pay additional money to keep the C130 alive.

Very happy some have been able to get it working. Good luck! 

Install using the Estonia Migration Tool. I used this on all of the CS planes that don't have specific P3Dv3 installers, and have had zero problems.

Russ

Russ,

Thanks a lot, got her up and running! Really appreciate it. Spent many hours working & flying the old C-130, Little Rock AFB, AR. And now I will be able to take her for a spin P3D thanks to you.

An old Ret USAF Propulsion guy, CMSgt

Sign in to follow this