Sign in to follow this  
Zuendholz

Cloudy flight.. (AS16 + ASCA impressions)

Yes, but judging from the bright red radar returns maybe those clouds should look a bit more dark, more ominous?
Is that possible with AS16?

Actually, no.  Thunderstorms are dark when you are down below them but this is how they look from up at altitude. I've been impressed with AS16/ASCA combo and how storms are depicted.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Can you tell me (if you ever used) if there's a FPS difference between this setup and REX 4 with SOFT Clouds + ASN?

This looks really good.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Can you tell me (if you ever used) if there's a FPS difference between this setup and REX 4 with SOFT Clouds + ASN?

This looks really good.

I came from using ASN w/ REX soft clouds and FPS are not an issue.  I've flown over some heavy cloudscapes and was amazed how well it all holds up...I was used to clouds bringing my system to a crawl.  I am using AS16 with ASCA...but not using their sky textures.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

ASN + REX4T + Softclouds was my choice, now AS16 & ASCA are my ultimate combo. I love the way the atmosphere changes seamlessly throughout my flights and the clouds look great.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

This looks really good.

I can tell you that the FPS aren't a problem with AS16 + ASCA.. They managed the performance with the two products really perfect. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

That overcast in ## 3,4 and 5 is spectacular. Haven't seen this in any other addon screens yet!

+1 Excellent Shots

This looks really good.

Like many others, I actually experienced an FPS increase with AS16/ASCA.

Matt King

Guest Mik75

Beautiful and spectacular shots!!!

Thx for the response guys.

Guess it is time for a new purchase :)

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png